Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

ISP is not Virgin Media

webteam@virginmedia.com have started sending us email saying that there is an overdue bill to be paid, but our ISP is not Virgin Media. Replying to The Virgin Media Team's email says message that you sent could not be delivered because mailbox webteam@virginmedia.com is full. 

Acknowledgement letter of Formal Complaint COM103958975 was promising, but Virgin Media Payments Limited and Virgin Media Limited are not talking to one another despite both organisations signing their letters as being sent from their Director, Karen Walker. 

Virgin Media has been reminded that "The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008)" imposed a general duty not to trade unfairly and seek to ensure that traders act honestly and fairly towards their customers. Trading Standards have opened a registered file and copies of all letters are being put on their file.

We are waiting for Virgin Media to correct their error. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: ISP is not Virgin Media

are you sure its from Virgin media and not a phishing scam.

If its phishing its not anything to do with VM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We have emails and letters. Virgin Media has acknowledged and registered our formal complaint. Trading Standards are not surprised. Not sure Director, Karen Walker is a real person. We are waiting for our credit rating to drop and the debt collectors to turn up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if it will help but do consider forwarding the email to https://netreport.virginmedia.com; select abuse type of Incorrectly Receiving VM Emails and paste the source of the email into the Log Evidence field ― use your favoured search engine to find out how to view an email's source in your email client.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Looking at the posting history 'Crimsom' was a VM broadband customer until at least mid February so perhaps there is some issue with the final account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

A letter from the VM Customer Resolutions Team has arrived by surface mail. As this letter is devoid of a postal address, an internet search says use: Customer Resolutions Team, Virgin Media Complaints, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Can anyone confirm that this the correct address to use? 

A letter from Trading Standards also arrived and because I have tried to resolve this issue with VM for a number of months, they advocate asking VM to progress my formal complaint through alternative resolution and if that does not help, then the Ombudsman. Trading Standards also say that VM Payments Limited should put their billing process on hold during the VM investigation so that no more invoices are sent to me because there is a dispute. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to @sok1101 who posts VM Staff say Customer Relations Team does not exist.

Thanks to @Andruser who advocates escalate to CISAS (Communication & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme)

This advice also aligns with the Trading Standards letter that also says progress my formal complaint through alternative resolution service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Media farce continues. The fictitious Karen Walker, Customer Services Director sends letter which says as your unresolved complaint is now 8 weeks old, you now have the option to have your complaint independently reviewed by CISAS. 

Although my ISP is not Virgin Media, Karen Walker's letter also says we look forward to speaking to you soon so that you can continue to enjoy the great service Virgin Media have to offer. 

The Virgin Media complaints process does not work and based on the content of other threads in this community, this is just another deception with the expectation that the original complaint will just go away due to Virgin Media's inactivity. 

This letter has been copied to the Trading Standards file because "The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008)" imposed a general duty not to trade unfairly and seek to ensure that traders act honestly and fairly towards their customers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

After more than five months, the Virgin Media Ltd Complaints Director has still not intervened to tell Virgin Media Payments Ltd that our ISP is not Virgin Media. webteam@virginmedia.com continue to send bills for ISP services that Virgin Media have not provided. Email to the webteam mail box cannot be delivered because their mailbox is full (even before the Covid-19 crisis). 

The Virgin Media complaints team have now issued a new complaint reference in reply to sending them another letter after their eight week threshold of not fixing their billing problem. (This not an error because they did this many times, when our other complaint reached the 8 week threshold. They ignored our request for Existing Customers to be given the same monthly payment package that is being given to New Customers.) 

We keep sending a copy of the Virgin Media monthly bill to our Trading Standards' file. (Trading Standards' letter says that Virgin Media Payments Ltd should put their billing process on hold during the VM investigation so that no more invoices are sent to me because there is a dispute.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi crimsom,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about this. 

What was the most recent update you had concerning the complaint? 

^Martin

0 Kudos