cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was a new customer for Viirgin Media but it won't take last. I will cancel my tract with Virgin Media

Nazz58
Tuning in

I have been having a terrible experience with Virgin Media.

Virgin Media call centre is useless. I called Virgin Media to join on Thursday (21st Sept. 2023) with my friend's help  for broadband and TV. After an hour's call, finally I managed to join VM broadband + TV, the call centre lady said I would receive an email with a contract for confirmation which I hadn’t received it until Saturday. She booked an engineer for Saturday and she also included a £75.00 credit promotion to my account. I said to lady I am willing to pay for engineer £30.00, but I definitely want an engineer. But, on Friday I noticed that I hadn't received any email for confirmation email with a contract. I called the Virgin Media call centre again on Friday. The call centre person said the previous person didn't register my email address. On Thursday my friend and I answered the questions and 2 or 3 times we told her my email address with the alphabet code, unfortunately, she still didn't record my email nor did the £75.00 credit promotion which she promised. 2nd person on call centre on Friday said they had booked the engineer for me. He also recorded £75.00 credit for my account. He surely said the engineer already was booked for Saturday 23rd. September. Saturday morning, I received an email saying that I will receive the device on Saturday. This is a self-instalment. When I called the VM customer service again, the lady said there is no engineer will be sent to my address and I have to install it myself. My two friends who have technology knowledge they tried but they couldn't do it. I will cancel my account. There is no email address to complain or to get help. VM customer service and call centre service is useless. Never ever I will try to get a broadband + TV from Virgin Media. If the call centre or customer service don't cancel my contract, I will cancel my direct debit and I will take further legal action.

Could you please help me to cancel my contract, it's impossible to contact your call centre because I don't get answer my call now, otherwise I will cancel my direct debit, your devices are in my home and I will take a legal action for VM.

2 REPLIES 2

Nazz58
Tuning in

I have been having a terrible experience with Virgin Media.

Virgin Media call centre is useless. I called Virgin Media to join on Thursday (21st Sept. 2023) with my friend's help  for broadband and TV. After an hour's call, finally I managed to join VM broadband + TV, the call centre lady said I would receive an email with a contract for confirmation which I hadn’t received it until Saturday. She booked an engineer for Saturday and she also included a £75.00 credit promotion to my account. I said to lady I am willing to pay for engineer £30.00, but I definitely want an engineer. But, on Friday I noticed that I hadn't received any email for confirmation email with a contract. I called the Virgin Media call centre again on Friday. The call centre person said the previous person didn't register my email address. On Thursday my friend and I answered the questions and 2 or 3 times we told her my email address with the alphabet code, unfortunately, she still didn't record my email nor did the £75.00 credit promotion which she promised. 2nd person on call centre on Friday said they had booked the engineer for me. He also recorded £75.00 credit for my account. He surely said the engineer already was booked for Saturday 23rd. September. Saturday morning, I received an email saying that I will receive the device on Saturday. This is a self-instalment. When I called the VM customer service again, the lady said there is no engineer will be sent to my address and I have to install it myself. My two friends who have technology knowledge they tried but they couldn't do it. I will cancel my account. There is no email address to complain or to get help. VM customer service and call centre service is useless. Never ever I will try to get a broadband + TV from Virgin Media. If the call centre or customer service don't cancel my contract, I will cancel my direct debit and I will take further legal action.

Could you please help me to cancel my contract, it's impossible to contact your call centre because I don't get answer my call now, otherwise I will cancel my direct debit, your devices are in my home and I will take a legal action for VM.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Nazz58.

Thank you very much for joining our community and bringing this to our attention.

I can take a look at this for you.

Sorry to read about your poor experience.

We will be able to arrange a Service Technician to attend and set the equipment up for you.

That way you will still have the £75.00 credit and working services.

It would also stop the need for you to seek legal advice.

Can I send you a private message to pass security and check the account.

Gareth_L