cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to return my equipment but Virgin keep cancelling on the date of collection

PaulG1970
Up to speed

As subject. I left Virgin months ago and have arranged for my equipment to be collected. Today is the 4th time that they have cancelled the collection on the day it was supposed to be collected. I'm sick of waiting for these to be collected and they are gathering dust.

I have also been reminded each time that if I don't return these there will be a fee charged.

Can I start invoicing Virgin for storage?

I have a V6, a Tivo and a Superhub 3

TIA

19 REPLIES 19

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PaulG1970 

You can request returns packaging and then take the parcel to your nearest collection store **

virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

If you have a printer you can print out your own label and return the equipment.

I hope this link helps https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/virgin 

After clicking Create a new label. you will be prompted for your email address. Once you receive the email you will be able to print out a returns label which includes a barcode. You can then parcel up your equipment and drop it off at the nearest Collect + store.

** Use either or both of the following links to find your nearest store (they have different shops listed)

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/find-a-store 

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/store-locator?v=2. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks I have been to that link but as I am no longer a Virgin customer I do not have an account number so I cannot request packaging. Virgin told me they would collect and have failed to do so 4 times now

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again @PaulG1970 

You can still create your own label using the second link that I posted and print it out -  you can use your own packaging, just make sure it's secure and enclose a covering letter.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo I have no suitable packaging. Additionally, they have arranged the collection, so I am also wary of returning them this way after reading some of the stories on this forum. I don't want to be then charged for equipment that I have returned.

Are there any actual employees of Virgin who could advise?

Good Afternoon @PaulG1970, thanks for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that we haven't yet been able to ensure the collection of the equipment.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll work with our team to have this resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @PaulG1970, and I'm pleased we've been able to make progress on this.

Do please keep us updated, and if anything further is required, we'll be on hand to assist.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

PaulG1970
Up to speed

Thanks again David.

I'll update this thread with any progress

Kind Regards

PaulG1970

PaulG1970
Up to speed

Update

I have received the packaging to return the equipment but the packaging is too small to fit everything.

PaulG1970

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi agian @PaulG1970 

Does the following VM packing video help at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhLByeNjn4 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.