Menu
carolinejanebar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I want to report you for breach of contract and leave

Hi

I want to leave this terrible company. I've been reporting a fault in my internet since I joined in March. It doesn't spread to all other areas of the house despite this being a small terraced property.

I have bought boosters after they recommended it to no improvement, I have had 3 booked engineers not turn up, I have complained and had a new router sent to me but no engineer sent to connect it so its sitting here.

I wanted to leave so I called to find out how soon I can go as its been a year. Only to find out that I have been changed to a different contract, pay amount and internet package without my permission. This is breaching my original contract so I've reported it to Trading standards. I am now in the process of issuing a letter to start the proceedings to get this cancelled for breech of contract.

All attempts to contact VM have been useless. There is no help online for this. I just want to go at this stage as this is the worst experience I've had with a company who used to be quite good. How has it gotten this bad?

No one has contacted me since last week when a text conversation reportedly told me an engineer would call me (nope) and the complaints were being dealt with (nope). Internet is so weak for £53 per month which is what my new contract will cost me that we cannot do zoom calls. We work from home.

I can be called or emailed if anyone from VIrgin Media would like to stop me getting legally active on this because I can assure now, I will report this to literally any customer service/standards/authority that I can. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to report you for breach of contract and leave

Hello there, As a company who strives to offer every customer a great experience in all aspects of our business, it's always disappointing to learn of instances where this hasn't been the case. If you wish to make a complaint then you can here https://virg.in/comcop ^GT

0 Kudos
carolinejanebar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This is all the stuff I am doing. 

I have literally tried everything to get hold of someone from this company. It isn't good enough to just send me a link which takes me round and round again in circles. I've called you (no answer), emailed (no reply), posted (had generic answers like yours back) and texted (no reply) 

I am sending recorded letters tomorrow as a means of starting legal proceedings as much as I can.

PLEASE CANCEL MY CONTRACT.

I've been trying to report faults since June to you. You've known about this fault since March and haven't done anything. read my actual post instead of giving me a link that does nothing. I'm fed up of attempting to contact you and now I want to leave because this keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry we are unable to cancel contracts on here Caroline, You have 3 options to close an account. 1/ call us on 150/03454541111 (option 4 and 4 again) 2/ text us on 07533051809 or 3/Write to us at the address in our T&C - https://virg.in/legals ^GT

0 Kudos
carolinejanebar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have not been able to get ANY answer on the phone whenever I call you.

You aren't replying to text messages

I just said I am sending a recorded letter. 

Changing my details is a breach of the contract that I signed. I literally have no idea how much I even pay now. I've had enough. I want to go and I want to do it now.

Funny how you cant answer your phones but you can write useless messages to me advising me to do exactly what I said in my original post didn't work.

Try actually picking up your phones and actually helping your customers.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi carolinejanebar,

We can only apologise that you have had a lot of trouble trying to reach us, we appreciate our lines are a lot busier than usual and we are truly sorry.

I can assure you that we do still have agents taking calls, we are just receiving much higher call volumes at the moment which is causing the queues to be longer.

Do you have your complaint reference so we can take a look?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
carolinejanebar
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, 

I haven't got a complaint as the only person I spoke to via text message on the 20th of Jan didn't give me one. I've got a full record of the lack of help he did give me though. His name was Safa and he really did attempt to fob me off several times which is all evidenced through the messages which took place at 12:33.

Thats interesting that he didn't give me a complaint number despite assuring me he had logged it and someone would call me back. Almost as if he didn't want me to have a record or be able to find a trace of it! What fun!

When it comes to calling you - its not that your calls are higher its that you are not answering AT ALL. I've been unable to get through since June. Although someone changed my details in October on your end without permission which breaches my contract. 

So, if I can't call, can't text (no answer since the 20th) and can't post or complain or email you.......does that just leave legally complaining or looking into my rights?

Good thing Trading Standards answer their phones

SORT. IT. OUT. IMMEDIATELY.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi carolinejanebar,

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can look into this further for you and take some more details.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
carolinejanebar
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Done.

0 Kudos