Menu
Zcwcatherine
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I want to cancel in cooling off period

I have ordered Virgin Broadband a few days ago and the package is expected to arrive tomorrow. However, because of Covid-19, I can no longer arrive UK and I want to withdraw the WiFi and return the parcel back to Virgin media as soon as possible.

Since there is no email address, I have called the phone number (0345 454 1111) three times today which I had to hold on at least 30 minutes for each call. During the call when they transferred me to the installation team, they did not answer at all and I was cut off, could not have a talk with them at all. 

I am posting this here to make evidence that I request the cancellation during the cooling down period.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to cancel in cooling off period

As specified in your contract, posting here is not a suitable way of notifying your termination of your contract. 

If you require evidence I would suggest you send a registered/recorded delivery letter to the address in your contract. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zcwcatherine,

I hope this helps - If somebody is at your home address and takes delivery of the VM equipment

As per the Terms and Conditions - Cooling Off Rights 

3. You can cancel your order by making any clear statement to us regarding that cancellation by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary);

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG; or

3. completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Zcwcatherine,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've changed your mind in regards to our services, have you been able to speak to our team in regards to the pending installation?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos