cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel but can't contact VM

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Re e-mail from VM on change to terms and prices at the end it offers to let me leave without fees if I contact VM.

I can't get to talk sense with them.

I've had a message from VM saying my phone  number will cease on 2nd October.  So my new provider as asked for my number that day.

BUT what about my BB and final bill with no exit fees?

Thanks

David

Open Reach FTTP via ZEN 100mbs
5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dnpark38,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel but are having some issues. Would you mind expanding on the situation and what's happened exactly? We can then advise further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Will my broadband cease or continue?

To cease without penalty fees as promised in your e-mail notification of 14th September does it depend on me doing something?

I can't get through the security questions, I'm 85 years old you know.

People who answer at VM are very difficult to understand also I do not think they have the knowledge.

I'm wanting help from you or other customers.

Hi @dnpark38

I'm not sure what the email is that you've received. If you can expand on the situation as requested, I can then advise further and hopefully that will clarify things for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dnpark38 

You should be able to update the memorable word (telephone password) by logging into

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit  - this will then set up the word that you need to pass security on the phone.

It sounds like you've already contacted another provider who are transferring (porting)  the telephone number from VM to them.  This will only cancel the telephone service with VM and not any other VM services, so your broadband service will continue until you give VM 30 days notice to cancel the broadband as well. 

You will continue to be billed up until the time all services have been disconnected. You will then receive a final bill showing if you owe VM any money, or if they owe you.   If you are dues a refund following the final bill then VM will send a cheque in the post and you should receive this around 45 days after the account has been closed.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and selecting options 1,4 and 4. Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Thanks @newapollo

Now got the memorable word sorted.

Phoned 150 a very long time listening to not very good music but I was desperate to fulfil my task. 

Was not easy but now on 30 days notice from today for cessation of broadband and no further charges will made.

I then have to post Hub back in packaging they will send me.

Thanks for your help.