cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been waiting for four hours on a text chat. is this usual?

chrisqueensbury
On our wavelength

I tried online to tell virgin media I'm moving, but since the new address is not in an are covered they put me through to a chat. That was at 12:30 and it's now 16:12 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chrisqueensbury 

The online chats can take around 4-6 hours, sometimes longer.  Phone calls take priority.

Ideally you should be phoning the Moving Home team, around 8am when lines first open and are least busy. (150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks,

If they don't get back to me today I'll call them tomorrow.

Well its 9pm and the still havent got back to me so I'll call tomorrow

Hi @chrisqueensbury thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

The team are experiencing high volumes of contact at the moment which does explain the delays but they are eager to help.

Please keep waiting in the queue and the team will respond to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Tom_W

 what absolute b*""starts. 19 hours to get through to them then just disconnect me despite clearly saying I need to talk bto them.

No wonder everyone says virgin media is the worst broadband provider

Screenshot_20230915-085624.png

Hi @chrisqueensbury thanks for your reply, sorry to see this.

It does seem that you have missed the window for replying to the message of selecting either option 1 or 2.

If you can re-join the chat or call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111, the movers team will be able to assist further.

Many thanks

Tom_W