Menu
intrepidiguana
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been waiting 5 months for a refund cheque

I switched my broadband away from Virgin Media Residential back in August 2019 and I didn't realise that I was still being billed until December. I called up and was told that I was owed around £175 for the service that hadn't been provided since the switch. This was fine and I was told that a cheque for the amount would be sent to me within 3 weeks.

The cheque never arrived so I called again to be told the same thing. Waited, no cheque. Called again, same reassuring reply that it would definitely get done this time. Still no cheque. I've lost count of the number of times I've called and the time I've wasted over the last 5 months just to be told the same thing. The customer service people often sound convinced it will happen but none of them seems to be able to take it through to completion, even the more recent UK based representatives. Some have even said that they've raised a complaint on my behalf but I never hear back about that either.

Please, someone tell me how I get this refund. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I've been waiting 5 months for a refund cheque

Hi intrepidiguana,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear this has occurred. I'll PM you shortly so I can have a look at what's happening.

Cheers,

Corey C

intrepidiguana
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've been waiting 5 months for a refund cheque

Sorted. Corey achieved in one week what customer services couldn't in 5 months. The question is, why?

0 Kudos
DJ_BABYGIRAFFE
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've been waiting 14 months for a refund cheque

I left virgin November 2019 and have been waiting on a refund cheque ever since. I have spoken with 5 different people who have all promised to send out a cheque and yet its been over a year and I have nothing. This is beyond ridiculous. I even suggested to make it easier to transfer the credit on my account to my wife's account and was told this isn't possible. But it also is impossible to seem to get my money back. Pretty sure if I owed virgin money they would have the bailiffs on my back. Totally outrageous. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJ_BABYGIRAFFE, 

Really sorry that you're still waiting for a refund via cheque, this isn't good. 

I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

When was the last time you spoke to our team regarding this? Any cheque we send can take 35 days, this would usually be sent after the account is closed. 

Did we take a forwarding address for the cheque to go to?

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
DJ_BABYGIRAFFE
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I spoke to someone last in December on the 19th, that was the 5th time having spoke to someone regarding this. All details were given but nothing received. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

I'm unsure why you wouldn't have had that yet, so we will need to have a closer look and see what other options we have. 

I'll pop you a message now and we can take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos