Menu
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've SWITCHED OFF ALL the Virgin Media devices in my household DUE TO NO COMMUNICATION FROM VIRGIN MEDIA

I have switched off ALL the Virgin Media devices in my household.  What is the point in trying to make contact with VM customer services OR Virgin Media Community Forum Team when they can just ignore you.

Well enough is enough.  On the contract it says:
To cancel you have FOURTEEN days from the later of: (i) the day
after the delivery of the equipment; (ii) the service start date; or
(iii) the day you received this contract (that provides a link to the
Terms and Conditions).
Alternatively, please print this contract form and write CANCEL
across the front and send it to: Virgin Media, Winnall Down,
Alresford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 1FP.

I sent a copy of my contract with CANCELLED written across the first page to the address above via Royal Mail registered post and I have proof of delivery.

I will not be trying to make contact with anyone from Virgin Media from now on OR paying any bills.  

Snowy1969

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've SWITCHED OFF ALL the Virgin Media devices in my household DUE TO NO COMMUNICATION FROM VIRGIN ME

If it's still in place leave the Direct Debit in place.  If things go wrong, better to allow them to take the money and dispute the charges retrospectively than to end up fighting to restore a soiled credit history.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Abysmal-amp-Non-Existent-Customer-S...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've SWITCHED OFF ALL the Virgin Media devices in my household DUE TO NO COMMUNICATION FROM VIRGIN ME

Hi Andruser, 

I have been trying to contact Virgin Media since 30th Jan 2021 after agreeing the DEAL of 100Mb fibre B.band, Mixit TV + Virgin TV 360 Mini box, Talk weekends and Phoneline @ £46.99 per month plus quick start delivery (I installed all the equipment myself) and FREE ACTIVATION.  I received an email from the Virgin Media Team which clearly stated the ACTIVATION FEE was FREE, worth £35.

I have been trying to make contact with someone at VM for two weeks now.  I have spent over 5 hours on the phone, but due to some mix up with the security password which I thought was the one relating to if you forget your password. I don't even remember creating a password relating to phoning in to customer service.

I have tried texting 07533 051809 (three times over three days 7th, 8th and 9th Feb) ALL OF THE TEXTS HAVE BEEN IGNORED. The mobile text customer service number (07533 051809) which I saw online while going around in circles on the help area of the VM website.

I posted on this site under the post (Free activation fee has been charged on my account) on Tuesday 9th Feb and added to the post on Thursday 11th FEB.  So far I have hundreds of views, but NO REPLYS at all.

I have read literally dozens of other complaints from NEW customers on the Virgin Media Community.  A lot of the complaints regarding errors in charging for activation and other one-off costs which some people have emails proving their cases but unable to make direct contact with Virgin Media.

ALSO

Before agreeing to the package I had been chatting with a VM chat agent by the name of Junwill who stated made the following statements:

Junwill

at 17:21, Jan 30:

I understand. Since you’ve mentioned that you’re looking to get our Big Bundle + Drama, this is indeed the best based on your needs. Kindly tap the image below to check its price and overview 

Snowy1969_0-1613761294967.png

Snowy1969_1-1613761295028.png

Or I understand that you said you don't need a sim now but for only £40.99/month you can get our Oomph package; we’ll double your Broadband speed from an average speed of 108mbps to 213mbps and throw in a 5GB SIM with unlimited minutes and texts.

And perfect timing as both comes with free activation fee worth of £35! Which package do you prefer?

You

at 17:22, Jan 30:

Ok thanks, so I should just go ahead with organising my requirements online at VM.

Junwill  at 17:24, Jan 30:

Yes, I'd be happy to help you all throughout and answer your questions that might arise. Which option/package you prefer, Stuart?

The FIRST email I received after clicking confirm on my computer stated that the activation for FREE.

The biggest frustration is that I was previously a Virgin Media of over 15 years up until Sept 2018.  I was really hoping that Virgin Media had improved their customer service.

Alas for me to be offered a deal and FREE activation which was confirmed by both the chat agent and in the FIRST Virgin Media Order email I received within minutes of clicking on the confirm button.  Then when the contract email arrived and the free activation fee had been added to the costs is infuriating to be honest.  For nearly three weeks I have been trying to resolve this situation with both customer services and the community forum.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

so on this forum, I can see this is your first thread posted today (19th)
Forum staff takes about 5-7 days to reply. So no one is ignoring you here
0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to make contact since 31st Jan 2021 via telephone, text messaging, online message facility when logged into my account and then via the community. MOST of which have been ignored. Its nearly three weeks since I first tried to contact VM regarding being charged for activation fee which was stated on chat massaging and the first Virgin Media Order email stating the package and the costs per month.
My first post was on 7th Feb and it was TOTALLY ignored. Then I finally got a reply from a forum team member who sent a private message and asked me to send some details and copies of first email, a chat transcript and the contract. That was three days ago and nothing since.
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

your 7th Feb was a reply to someone else's thread. this is why you should start your own

and your posting from here 9th has had a reply from staff
0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And nothing for three days from the forum team. 

Perhaps it will be sorted before I am due to pay my first bill on 10th March.

But the way things have gone so far and looking at other customers experiences, I really doubt it.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

virgin staff take about 7 days to reply
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Give it another three four days for the forum staff to get this sorted.  If there's no progress, then you either roll over and let VM get away with this, or you do battle with the monster.  I'm all in favour of the latter, whether you are prepared to is a choice for you.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos