Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I upgraded

I think Virgin Media are the single hardest company to do business with.  If I don't get the right answer to this question I'm definitely leaving as the entire experience whenever I have to make any sort of contact is just so painful.

About 3 weeks ago (28th October) I saw what looked like a good offer on My Upgrades.  50p more a month for a speed boost (M100 to M300) which felt like a no-brainer.  I went through the process and got a confirmation email with an order number.

Since then, nothing.  My latest bill has come through at the old amount and there has been no acknowledgement of the order from Virgin whatsoever.  Even through the original confirmation actively said to expect a welcome letter and contract in the next few days.  

Now when I sign into my account, the offer in My Upgrades is M100 to M200 and it's an extra £4.50!  I feel pretty strongly that even if this was a **bleep**-up, Virgin should honour it.  Though I can't help but feel that they won't.  As I said, I will be leaving if not.  

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
Jack 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I upgraded

@jackcarr wrote:

I think Virgin Media are the single hardest company to do business with.  If I don't get the right answer to this question I'm definitely leaving as the entire experience whenever I have to make any sort of contact is just so painful.

About 3 weeks ago (28th October) I saw what looked like a good offer on My Upgrades.  50p more a month for a speed boost (M100 to M300) which felt like a no-brainer.  I went through the process and got a confirmation email with an order number.

Since then, nothing.  My latest bill has come through at the old amount and there has been no acknowledgement of the order from Virgin whatsoever.  Even through the original confirmation actively said to expect a welcome letter and contract in the next few days.  

Now when I sign into my account, the offer in My Upgrades is M100 to M200 and it's an extra £4.50!  I feel pretty strongly that even if this was a **bleep**-up, Virgin should honour it.  Though I can't help but feel that they won't.  As I said, I will be leaving if not.  

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
Jack 

There is no such thing as M300.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

M350 even.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jackcarr,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry for any confusion when upgrading online,

We wouldn't usually deal with package changes via the forum, however I've popped you over a private message so I can give you a few more details regarding the account.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos