Menu
Highlighted
camelcottage
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I signed a contract at £23 per month for wifi for a year but now they are increasing it to £43.

I signed up for a 12 month contract in October 2018 and was told that it would be £23 per month. Now they are increasing it for the second time, to £43. This is just for broadband. It seems that there is weasel wording in the contract, with offers coming to an end although this was of course not mentioned by the sales person when I agreed. Surely if you sign up verbally for a contract for 12 months and you are told it will be £23 a month, then that is the amount you expect to pay until the end of the contract? This is very sharp practice indeed. Has anyone else had this experience?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I signed a contract at £23 per month for wifi for a year but now they are increasing it to £43.

what does it say on the contract exactly. if there is mention of 'loyalty' discounts ending during the 12 months and you have used virgins services there is nothing you can do. if there is no mention of an increase then you are in a powerful position. the ombudsman would side with you if no other subsequent contract was issued changing that amount.

a verbal contract is a he said she said agreement and very weak in law and with the ombudsman, unless there is recorded audio proof of what they and you said that backs you up.

as for the 'sharp practice'. one of our previous contracts ran for 18 months. after a year one loyalty discount ended then 6 months later the other one ended. it was all itemized on the contract and subsequent monthly bills.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I signed a contract at £23 per month for wifi for a year but now they are increasing it to £43.

Hi camelcottage,

When you signed up with Virgin Media you would have been issued with a contract that would inform you of any price increases or discount expiry dates.

Do you still have this contract?

Contracts entered after April 2016 can be viewed on My Virgin Media - My Bills > View Contract

David_Bn

0 Kudos