Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I never received return packaging but keep getting hassled to return kit

This is infuriating.

I have given a one month notice before leaving the country. Packaging would then be sent for me to return the kit. Great.

During that month, I have re-ordered the package no less than 3 times, confirming the address every time.

Still, nothing ever came. I called customer service (and wasted 45min waiting) and was told IN CLEAR TERMS to leave the equipment with a friend, and that Virgin would get in touch with me to arrange their team to pick it up from my friend's house.

Now, two weeks later, I get another threatening email to return my kit or face charges, conveniently marked as "NO REPLY". I have no way of logging into My Virgin Media and sending a message, because My contract is now done. I don't live in the UK anymore.

How do I get out of this? Do I need to somehow internationally call customer service to get this sorted? Is this even legal?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I never received return packaging but keep getting hassled to return kit

Hi there @diogocosta_eu

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our wall; I am sorry that you've had some issues with returning your equipment to us.

During the last few months we have delayed any returns due to the pandemic and customers not being able to leave the home or visit shops. Due to this, equipment packaging was not sent out and customers were advised to keep hold of their equipment and await further instructions. 

I have been able to locate your account from your forum information and can see that packaging was ordered to the account address and this would have been posted around 10 days after the account was fully closed. (you can confirm on your last bill when your account fully closed - this would have also posted to the account address unless you advised otherwise)

I can see that your equipment collection has now been issued to a manned collector to come and collect from the account address - is the equipment still there or is it now with a friend at another address? 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thank you Katie for replying!

Indeed a very frustrating issue; it's uncomfortable to receive emails threatening extra fees for a kit return that I never had a chance to do. I don't live there anymore and it's not helpful to receive kit after I left, as you will understand.

Being unable to reply to these emails is extra frustrating; I don't live in the UK anymore and can't afford to spend 45 minutes calling Virgin's customer service to go over the very same issue I already spoke to them about.

Right now, the equipment is with a friend who lives near my old apartment. Customer service said that a Virgin team would collect the kit from his house. His details below:

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Dennis is available from next Monday 31st August to hand the equipment over to the collections team.

To contact me, please use this forum, or my email, or the phone number   [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for popping back @diogocosta_eu

Whilst we have removed the personal information you posted due to our Forum Guidelines, I have contacted the Equipment Collections Manager to see if it is possible to collect from an alternative address for you. 

Once I have any update, we'll be sure to update you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again! Yep, removing the personal data is a good idea! I will keep an eye on email and this forum.

All the best to you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well I have had a reply quicker than anticipated @diogocosta_eu!!

The Equipment Collections Manager has advised that we do not have any collections teams in the area of your friend currently but he has arranged personally for the packaging to be sent to your friends address for you. 

Rest assured - no charge will be added to your account for the delay or lack of returns. 

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for looking into it but this is not very helpful.

There are no collection centres nearby and, as I told customer service in late August (and the person talking to me agreed), it's not fair to demand that he goes out of his way to deliver a box to Virgin when this was 100% caused by a failure of Virgin to provide the packaging on time in the first place.

Is there not a better solution? When would a team be available in his area again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @diogocosta_eu

From checking the address you have provided, we can see that the closest collect+ centre is within half a mile located at a Tesco Express. There are approximately 5 locations within a mile of the address provided. You can check and confirm via the Collect+ website

We are sorry that we do not have a manned collection available currently in that area; the Collections Manager has advised that he will personally ensure that this pre-paid packaging is ordered correctly for you and your friend. 

Please do keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos