Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I need to make a complaint.

Good Morning Everybody, 

I'm hoping somebody may be able to help me with the couple of issues I'm having.

Firstly and most annoyingly I'm being over charged for the services I'm receiving. A price of £30 was agreed when I took my new deal and yet I'm still being charged £35 a month for months now even after being told by multiple managers this had been sorted!

Secondly and equally as frustrating Im paying for 100MB broadband yet I'm receiving consistent speeds of 30MB and below. I know this isn't a cable issue etc as my speed test always peaks at 30MB so I'm not even receiving the service I'm being over charged for. This is extremely frustrating and has made me completely lose my faith in virgin media. Ive been a customer for 10 years now and this is how I get treated. 

Please could somebody advise me on how to rectify this issue? I've tried web chat and phone calls and cannot reach anybody.

Regards

Andrew 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need to make a complaint.

Hello
Thank for joining in on the forum, we will try the best to get your issue resolved.

How are you doing the speedtest is it either wired or wireless, wired is always the best option as VM will only guarantee a direct connection to the hub.

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the Community Forums, we're glad to have you join us from here.

I'm really sorry to hear you have been charged incorrectly monthly package price, despite being assured that this had been sorted by our team. When was this deal taken out, and had you received any confirmation of the agreed price of £30 per month? Or was your confirmation email also incorrect?

In regards to your broadband speed issue, I'm sure this is something we can sort out. As DJ_Shadow1966 has advised, it'd be great if you could post your network logs and check your area for any known faults using our service status page. Then we can get a better understanding of where this fault lies on the network and what is actually causing it.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for your informative replies.

I've just checked back through my emails Beth and the broadband deal was taken out in March 2020 and I've never received an email detailing any changes having been made. The agreement was done over the phone but I was assured notes had been placed on my file for the discount to £30 to be authorised but this never happened.

I've attached two screen grabs showing the speeds I'm receiving. I know that this speed test is reliable as previously it would show speeds of 100MB however as you can see from the below images this is not the case. I've reset the router multiple times and have also checked the service status on my virgin media and there are no known issues. 

I eagerly await your response. 

Regards, 

Andrew 

Screenshot_20201118-090031.png

Screenshot_20201118-090036.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Virginmedia do not guarantee the speed to wireless connection the speed is best measured with a direct connection to the hub with Cat 5e cable or above, wireless speeds can vary depending on lots of things. Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy and the section "What does the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed mean?

If the actual download speed provided from our network to your Virgin Media Hub falls below the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed, and this happens for 3 consecutive days or more (whether continuously or intermittently during each day), and we are unable to fix the problem within 30 days of you reporting the problem to us, you may have the right to end your agreement without paying an Early Disconnection Fee.  You need to contact us if you have a speed problem via the contact us page (click here)."

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning, 

Please find below all the information requested. 

Also please could somebody respond to me regarding my overpayment issue. 

Regards, 

Andrew 

Screenshot_20201119-071209.png

Screenshot_20201119-071203.png

Screenshot_20201119-071156.png

Screenshot_20201119-071128.png

Screenshot_20201119-071048.png

Screenshot_20201119-071036.png

Screenshot_20201119-071019.png

Screenshot_20201119-071012.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndrewConroy

Thanks for coming back to us. All your levels are in spec so no issues showing on our side. 

Can you do a wired speedtest on a laptop/PC with only that device connected to the internet and we can go from there?

Regarding the billing, I am very sorry to hear this and it's an easy fix. I'll PM you now to sort this

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM @AndrewConroy

Just to update the thread, the billing issues was sorted via a credit of an overpayment and the rolling credit sorted going forward for the remainder of the contract.

Let's get this billing issue sorted. Please do the aforementioned speedtest done for me and we can proceed from there 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Let us know how you get on with the speedtest 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning, 

Please find below a speed test image using a wired connection with no other devices connected. 

Regards, 

Andrew

IMG_20201122_080353_copy_1190x1587.jpg

0 Kudos