Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I need to cancel my direct debit

My bank is..."somewhat unhappy" about the fact that I'm constantly maxing out my agreed overdraft limit every month,and has told me to pay it back.

I have contacted them and have negotiated a "phased reduction" of the outstanding amount.

In order to do this,I need to cancel my virginmedia direct debit and swich to credit card payments instead.

I have tried to use the virginmedia website to do this,but there's an advertising popup which I can't close-and I can't access my account until I close the popup

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need to cancel my direct debit

If I pay my bill by credit card before the direct debit is due,will this delay the direct debit,or will the direct debit still be sent to my bank on the due date?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you pay it BEFORE THE BILL is generated then the credit that is not the account will be used to pay the bill.
But it has to be before the bill is generated or the DD instruction will still be sent.

if you make any extra payment to your account it will stay as credit and be used for the next bill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

0 Kudos