cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need the person handling my case to ring me

CLARISSA17
Tuning in

Hi there,

I've had an ongoing problem with billing and other items for 16 months. Every time I spoke to someone on the phone, they made it worse. In February I raised a complaint (postal). The action you took resolved nothing. I complained about the handling of the complaint! Eventually I got a letter asking me to ring your normal customer service number - the one that had resulted in no progress and which had been the reason I complained in the first place after months of fruitless attempts - to sort things out. However, this time when I rang I got Zane who significantly restored my faith in Virgin. He kept in touch with me with update calls and we finally seemed to be getting things sorted. He was due to ring me again on 28 Sept and didn't. I don't know if this was due to ill health. I tried getting hold of him by ringing the main number but kept being put through to all your various offshore call centres none of whom could help me contact him. In the end, one put a note on my account for Zane to call me but warned me that he'd only see it if he went into the account. I believe Zane mentioned going away on holiday so I have held out until now but have heard nothing. After I was billed incorrectly again this month I really need to speak to him. At this stage, after all the trauma I've been through trying to resolve this, he is currently the only one I trust. Can someone please help organise for him to call me? He is based in the UK and I am guessing you probably won't have more than one Zane in the team! Fingers crossed you can help! I've used the Forum for technical issues before but not for account management problems. Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CLARISSA17,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you've not had the best experience with our customer service agents when trying to get your account management issues resolved, and that our agent Zain was the one who helped and was able to get your issues resolved further for you. 

We have sent an email to Zain on your behalf, and he will be in contact within the next 24 hours to discuss this matter with you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CLARISSA17,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you've not had the best experience with our customer service agents when trying to get your account management issues resolved, and that our agent Zain was the one who helped and was able to get your issues resolved further for you. 

We have sent an email to Zain on your behalf, and he will be in contact within the next 24 hours to discuss this matter with you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've had an ongoing problem with billing and other items for 16 months. Every time I spoke to someone on the phone, they made it worse. In February I raised a complaint (postal). The action you took resolved nothing. I complained about the handling of the complaint!

Hi CLARISSA17, could I politely offer some firm advice?  Stop messing around with VM's intentionally amateurish complaints handling, and speak to CISAS, the industry complaints adjudicator.  Ask them to help you raise a complaint with them to sort the mess out and to order VM to pay compensation for the poor account management, the persistence of the problem despite every chance to resolve it, and compensation for failing to handle the complaint in any competent manner.  I'd suggest you're due several hundred pounds in compensation, plus the refund of any incorrectly billed amounts, and I strongly recommend not waiting on, or engaging with VM any more - they've had many almost a year and a half, and two formal complaints, they've had every chance to resolve this, they have CHOSEN not to, and you are being taken for a mug.

Sometimes, the mere mention of CISAS galvanises VM to get off their lardy posterior and do something, in that case make sure that any offer you accept from VM (if you don't involve CISAS) includes backdated correction of billing, and significant compensation for their disgraceful ineptitude - personally I'd hold out for at least £400.  If you do take the complaint to CISAS, it's important to include any instances of broken promises to fix, rudeness, long waits or disconnected calls, or any circumstances of vulnerability or special need that applies to you.

Thanks so much Jodi! Zain rang last night and is working on resolving the outstanding issues. Thanks so much for asking him to get in touch with me. 

Hi @CLARISSA17 thanks a lot for keeping us posted here, much appreciated!
Glad we're on the way to getting this sorted for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W