cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help - inactive account debt

Ihateyou
Joining in

I need help to pay an outstanding debt. 

My account is no longer active as it is from a long time ago. I can't phone as I get redicted to log into the account but am not longer able to log into the account and no longer have the account active or have the details of the account. I try going through your phone section using other options but am unable to pass security as my joint email, joing back account and this joint account with my ex no longer exists. So i then get transfered by them but to then get passed the automative part i again need to put in my accont details which i don't have and then the call will end. 

I just want to pay a debt that two years ago you told me was paid and now turns out you lied. 

so can someone please help me pay my bill

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ihateyou 

Give the VM Collections team a call on 0800 052 0360.

They should be able to assist further.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Ihateyou

Sorry to hear of the problems making the payment for the overdue balance, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As newapollo has advised you would need to speak to the collection team on the number provided, we aren't able to take payments via the forums. 

Rob

I have tried firstly getting there is a nightmare as again i have to go through ot the wrong department. I worked that out today by just not choosing any options and it will then actually take me through to someone but the account is deactive so they are unable to give me the amount that i owe. They can only tell me that i owe something. I have a rough idead from clear score. However, clear score might not be the exact amount. So i could pay what clear score says but then still not have paid enough then have debt collectors chasign me as i haven't paid my bill when that is all im trying to do. Also i wouldnt be infomred that this was all happening as this is all at an old address im no longer at. I said if i paid it and then phoned them back later in time could they at least tell me if i owed money and they advised me no. 

I did ring them they couldnt. I can't pass security and they can send me information but it is too an old address. I appreciate it makes it complicated that i can't pass secuirty but this account is 2 years old and no one has attempted to contact me. Even though i am on the exact number that was on the account and they could have contacted me any time. If they had contacted me then i had all the infor and the email that was attached to the acocunt and could have done something about it.