cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm sitting here crying

Abie
Joining in

I posted this post about a month ago

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Can-t-get-anyone-to-chat-to/td-p/53... 

Given my poor mental health I haven't done anything about it and I had to get another extension a few days ago. 

When I did that they said to call and set up a new package so I'm not being charged as much. 

I've just called them to be told that you are not allowed to change your package when you owe money so I'm stuck paying £180 per month which will keep me from getting cut off,  until I can find £360 to clear the debt completely.  That's not going to happen. 

I then said about cancelling to be told there is no point in even transferring me to cancellations as they won't even take my call while I owe money. 

So I'm absolutely screwed, stuck paying £180 per month because my contract ran out and the price increased by £100 per month and my mental health means that I struggle making calls and sorting things out. 

I'm absolutely stuck, I cannot lower that £180 until I'm completely caught up, I can't get completely caught up because Virgin refuse to even discuss changing my package. 

I was thinking of going to broadband only but I have zero option not to keep paying £180 per month for tv I never watch,  so basically I'm paying £180 a month for broadband

What can I do?  I can't come up with enough money so that my bill will be cheaper in the future. 

I'm on benefits. 

This is utterly disgraceful and I'm in a terrible state.  All virgin care about is rinsing customers dry. 

I can't even go with another provider and then pay what I owe in stages because I can't cancel my account, so no matter what I do, virgin will keep charging me £180 a month even if I went with another provider.

I am incredibly distraught right now. 

I am going to post whats happened everywhere I can think of and  on mental health groups and autism groups,  the off my children have autism. 

Virgin knows they're isn't anything I can do about it.  They have me marked in their files as vulnerable, I'm guessing that's so they know they can screw me over.

I just can't stop crying

5 REPLIES 5

Abie
Joining in

I'm just calling them again to make a complaint. 

Virgin has just refused to let me make a complaint

They are putting me through to collections.  Who were the ones who told me a few days ago to change my package. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider contacting Citizens Advice to seek advice on how best to proceed.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Abie 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear of what's happened. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill