cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm out of Contract & forced to Cancel

cree69
Tuning in

I'm now months out of contract & have just found out I am being moved to a place where there is no possibility of a physical connection with Virgin.

I have exhausting breathing & speech issues, how can I cancel my internet connection without suffering the abysmal Virgin customer service experience, who flick me around different phone operators without any courtesy or warning, forcing me to repeat myself over & over again. This is probably deliberate, to make me hang up. These folk barely speak English & don't understand anything I say. Seems like they really don't want to speak with anyone like me.

Can this be done via email?

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cree69 

VM don't have a customer facing email address.  

You could try using the online chat messenger on the Moving Home page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks man,

I rummaged around VM's Hellish website trying to find some way to contact them, I already tried the feature you kindly sent. The new postcode or facility is NOT listed, the VM site is Hellbent on selling me an upgrade, something else and assume I'll be continuing with them. "Chat" doesn't work either. VM is not available where I'm headed, they won't accept this simple reality.

In the end, I sent everything as a Complaint, apart from their dreadful CS experience & my situation, I also mentioned how poor (actually, hostile) of a customer experience their VM website is. Not everybody is there to buy something, some of us just have something simple to take care of & I am bombarded with irrelevant crap as I go around in circles.

Hi @cree69 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having issues in relation to arranging to leave us due to Virgin being unable to service your new address. Could we ask when you have contacted us, have you managed to speak to the movers department? This is their number 📞 0345 454 1111, option 1, 4, 3. The quietest period is in the mornings. 

When you speak to them, advise them of your new address and they will confirm if you can be serviced or not, should the case be hat we cannot service you then we will ask for documentation to confirm the new residence and any early termination fees will be waived. You can find the details here 👉 Moving Home

Should you face any further issues, please reach out to us, as for your complaint. If you wish to log a digital copy you can do so here 👉 Complain.

Keep us updated in this matter.

Sabrina

LOL. No, I can't possibly even pretend to know when I contacted CS, simply because I don't diary these contact points.

No, I haven't spoken with your "movers department" because until you mentioned them, I didn't even know they existed.

I will not be insulted with wasting my time calling "the movers department", because there is no point in VM trying to sell me a service they have no possibility of supplying. I strongly suspect this is actually a Subscriber Retention Department, deceptively called something else. I don't need them at all.

I don't need to "confirm if I can be serviced or not", because the Manager of the Special Care Facility I will be moving into has informed me that there is no Virgin Broadband in the building. It's not a residence.

It's not a building I have any control of.

You are not understanding. I am out of contract anyway & I am moving to a place where there is NO Virgin Media.

There is no documentation I will ever give to VM to "confirm the new residence". What "Fees" could there possibly be to terminate a Contract that no longer exists?

Yeah, I'm now facing "further issues" created by VM Employees who robotically refuse to understand that my Contract with VM doesn't exist & that I can't even get Virgin broadband service any more.

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

You can send a letter (I suggest recorded delivery) to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Make sure to include your name, address and account number so they know who you are.

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi @cree69 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch. The number for the Movers Department is simply the number to inform them that you are moving, they will ask if you wish to take your services with you. As you have said there is no service there, and you are not in contract so it would be them putting in the request to cancel for the 30 day notice period, along with any equipment that may need to be returned.

This is their number along with the options to take you too them, 📞 0345 454 1111, option 1, 4, 3. There is no subscriber department on the other end, it is merely the movers department. 

Thanks.

Sabrina

So I move, equipment returned while regularly pestered, my account closes & is in credit. How do I get this money back?

I ended my direct debit because I couldn't trust VM not to snatch more of my money.

Now what? Nothing received in my Bank. No automatic refund.

The VM site is no help, they just want to sell me stuff I don't want.

Is it VM policy to quietly steal customer credits, unless they beg for it & jump through many unnecessary & over complicated hoops?

Hi cree69,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. As you have now disconnected your services with us and closed your account, any credit that is outstanding on your account will be sent back to you via cheque refund. 

You will generally receive this around 45 days after your disconnection date.

For more information about our refund process check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/refund

Kind regards Jodi.