Menu
Macaw704
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I'm having trouble cashing a cheque sent by Virgin Media

Hello,

I was sent a cheque from Virgin media in January for the closing balance of an old account. It was issued to my maiden name and my bank have said they cannot accept it. I phoned Virgin media to try change the name issued to and because I cannot remember the password on the old account they said they will post the password out to my address. Nothing has arrived as yet and every time I call now I get put on hold for an hour then cut off. 

Can anyone help me please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm having trouble cashing a cheque sent by Virgin Media

Thanks for your post and reaching out the Community Forums, Macaw704,

Sorry to hear that you have been having difficulty cashing the cheque. I'll send you a private message to confirm your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm having trouble cashing a cheque sent by Virgin Media

There is a much simpler answer to this issue. Your bank should accept the cheque if you present evidence of your identity (passport or driving licence) marriage (marriage cert) to show your change of name. This should be policy for all UK banks if you do a simple search on Google.  It will be a lot easier than getting VM to reissue the cheque. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks