cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been trying to cancel broadband for a week.

Dionne5
Joining in

Please can someone help me.  How do I cancel my broadband?   I have been on the phone for hours trying to get through and when I finally got through the phone was put down on me.  They said the first time it was by accident. 

I work full-time and this is taking up all of my time just trying to cancel I've been in tears tonight trying to do this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

QuoteThisRaven
On our wavelength

Tell the next person you get on the phone to leave notes on your account stating you are trying to quit since X date and that VM is making it impossible.

Then ask for the call recording and the notes on your account. Ask the agent the steps to be granted this or do a google search about it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Dionne do please let Ofcom know all about your distressing cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

QuoteThisRaven
On our wavelength

Tell the next person you get on the phone to leave notes on your account stating you are trying to quit since X date and that VM is making it impossible.

Then ask for the call recording and the notes on your account. Ask the agent the steps to be granted this or do a google search about it.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@QuoteThisRaven wrote:

That is a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR), read more here Online Subject Access Request FAQs | Virgin Media Help.; Virgin Media should respond without delay and within one month of receipt of the request. Do keep in mind that not all calls are recorded and that this and any discrepancies will only become apparent on receipt of requested information.

Instead consider following the earlier advice to cancel by post using a signed for service to confirm delivery date and then pursue a DSAR in parallel or later if needed.

FYI  be aware if you are still within your contract's minimum period then cancellation fees may apply, read more here How to cancel Virgin Media broadband & TV | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Thank you … unfortunately I can’t get a reply tonight another wasted night on the phone.  I will never go back to virgin after my experience.  But hey I got a kudos! 

OK so you got a kudos, so not entirely pointless then?😉

Seriously though, two things, firstly as 'Client62' says above, do send a letter to the address mentioned in the link they provided, keep a copy of this letter, send it by recorded (signed for) delivery to their Sunderland address, in this letter be clear that you wish to cancel your VM subscription as of xyz date.

And secondly, VM are under investigation by OFCOM for blatant violation of the agreed terms regarding cancellation. So please do follow the link provided by 'Cardiffman282' and add your experience to the mounting body of evidence.

@QuoteThisRaven wrote:

Of course this implies that a) the VM agent (sorry Team Member) actually has the ability to add notes to your account details and b) even if they say they will, do they actually do so?

Hey Dionne5, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are wanting to leave us. Also a warm welcome to the community. 

If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a WhatsApp with a description of the cancellation to +447305 327 112 or you can send a letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?