cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been given an offer but can't confirm

craftyjacksparr
Tuning in

I have been I contact with retentions and they gave me an offer but I can't get through to confirm I want it

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Likely too late.  A retention offer is legally binding if you accept it, but there's no requirement to keep it open if you don't agree there and then.  Any assurance that it is on file, and you can phone back and still get it is complete rubbish I'm afraid, and there's no laws or regulations that require an offer to be held open.  Next retention agent you speak to will be doing both personal calculations on what gets them the best bonus (so the offer from one agent is not necessarily the same as the person sitting next to them might offer), and depends upon the company's calculations about how much leeway they'll give agents to offer discounts.  If sales are ahead of target, the discounts get reigned in.  If they're behind target, bigger discounts may be offered - but still the agents will try and guess the minimum they need to give away to keep you, as that should affect the bonus.

When you phone back, you're starting from scratch, and you'll have to adapt the ideas in the link below to fit your circumstances. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

I understand but I asked to confirm the package and the chat was end of day. The agent said I could confirm once I received the email but I never got it. Now I'm stuck possibly going back to sky which I didn't want

Well, don't go back to Sky if you don't want to!  Accepting that you would have preferred a better experience with Retentions, that's now done.  You can either use chat or phone, just accept that you have to start again with them.  It's possible that the offered deal was noted on the system, may be visible to the agent, and the agent may say "no problem, if you'll accept the deal I'll put it through", in which case job done, it's just I doubt that will apply.

In terms of the joys of simply getting through to a human - well, you're a VM customer, you know what to expect.

In succesfull news I contacted the retentions team again and they matched the offer. Hooray. There is still good in the world

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Craftyjacksparr, 

Thank you for taking the time to update your thread 🙂 

So glad to hear you managed to get this sorted,

Zoie