cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new contract for £32 per month but being charged £63.00

Grindathotte
Tuning in

A discount just ended, putting my bill up to £63.00 from £32.00.  However, I signed up for a new 18-month £32 contract and got an email confirmation with pdf of the new contract at that price.  However, I have been billed for £63.00 and MyVirginMedia still shows £63.00.  Prior to this new contract, I was going to switch provider, but abandoned this when I was able to renew it.  Does anyone know what is going on?

7 REPLIES 7

Grindathotte
Tuning in

Forgot to say, I have tried to contact VM, but this now seems to be impossible.  I have had years of great service from them, but something has gone dreadfully wrong recently.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Grindathotte, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the community. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your billing and package. 

Can you please confirm when you agreed for the package at £32? Also, are you due to have any new equipment delivered? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Grindathotte
Tuning in

Thanks for getting back so quickly.  I agreed the new package on 17th July and the new contract should have started on 19th.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the package price on your bill match that of your contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Grindathotte,

Thanks for coming back to us, we're keen to get this resolved for you so I'll get a private message sent over to you now 🙂

We'll need to see the PDF you received from us for the Order Summary which you can send over to me within our private messages, this will help us get it sorted. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Grindathotte
Tuning in

Before responding to your message, I got an email from VM confirming that they had resolved it and were adjusting the next bill because of the overcharge.  I also checked on MyVirginMedia and confirmed that the package price has been updated.  😁Thank you for restoring my faith in the company.

Hi Grindathotte,

Thank you so much for letting us know about this, it's a pleasure to hear that this was resolved by the other team 😁

If you need any further help, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Megan_L