Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to downgrade my package as I can no longer afford to pay 50% more than my original contract

When I originally became a VM customer, I was offered a contract at 27.99 for 9 months, and £41.99 for the following 3 months. I have now been paying £52 per month for exactly the same service. I simply can't afford to keep paying this amount as my personal circumstances have changed. When I called to speak to an agent, I was told that they were sorry but I'd simply have to leave and find another provider. But I've just read that I might be able to downgrade my package and remove the telephone provision etc. Is this possible? I simply have so much going on that to find a new broadband provider will take too much time. Even though the broadband service has been nothing like as fast and resilient as I was promised so maybe the guy who told me I'd need to leave was doing me a favour. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'd like to downgrade my package as I can no longer afford to pay 50% more than my original contract

would best speaking to customer relations, choosing option 1-1-5-4 (thinking of leaving us), sometimes removing services can increase overall cost.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'd like to downgrade my package as I can no longer afford to pay 50% more than my original contract

I did speak to them yesterday but they didn't even offer this as an option. Do you think I should try again? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes i would One agent said to me can't be done call back nearer contract end

Rang again few days later couldn't be more helpful

Seemed to be a UK based call centre the 2nd time round. Or the agent spoke more clearly

0 Kudos