Menu
Bould471
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled my contract

I cancelled my contract in mid March with a finish date to coincide with my contract expiry date.

I have submitted a written letter, spoken to a cancellation/retentions advisor and emailed my retentions advisor to confirm I will not be renewing my services beyond my contracted date.

However Virgin have now sent me a bill for the next months services and appear to have ignored my cancellation request, unable to get through on the phone now?

Please help, my new service provider is in place and services start the day after my Virgin contract finishes.

Whats going on here??????????????

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cancelled my contract

This could be a case of how your billing dates fall. On the basis that you could potentially cancel your cancellation until a day or so before your termination date, VM will continue to issue bills as normal, until your 30days notice actually expires and you're disconnected. You'll then get a final bill with appropriate credits shown.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cancelled my contract

Hi Bould471,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums, I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion surrounding your disconnection request.

As japitts has advised, this just could be how your billing cycle is - you will be billed as normal up until your disconnection date. Any amounts you've overpaid will then be credited back to you in your final bill, which is usually produced around 14 days after your services are disconnected.

You should be able to see if your disconnection order has been placed on your account from your My Virgin Media account/app. Can you please sign in and take a look for us? If the order isn't showing just let us know and we can help further 

Beth

0 Kudos