Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can't sign my new contract

My new contract was sent to an old email address today.  I have spent all evening trying to sort this out.  I spoke to someone (Albert) earlier and asked him to resend it to a different email address, but he sent me a bill from the old contract instead!  The new contract is supposed to start tomorrow but I can't sign it.  Can someone please contact me asap as I am tearing my hair out!

Carole

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I can't sign my new contract

The Forum Team will reply in the next week or so and should be able to correct the email address for you.

In the mean time no need to stress about signing the electronic version of the contract.  Your continued use of the services provided will count as acceptance of the contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ccunliffe, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂 

I can certainly get the email address amended. To do this I will need some information from you. 

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have my new contract but I have not received anything to sign electronically. My account tells me that I need to sign the contract in order for my changes to take effect.

I was told that I do not need to sign a contract; is this true in my case?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Your use of the service constitutes acceptance of the contract.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not when the agreement is £55 per month and yet it is still coming out as over £80 per month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To be blunt, you best ring up and cancel if you don’t agree then. You don’t need to sign a contract for it to be legally binding if you are using it’s services inside.

You have your 14 day cooling off period to get any changes agreed to then you are locked in.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many apologies; I have found the original email and it states that the new changes do not come into effect until the 12th of January 2019. Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesS1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Shafreya is right here, regardless of what the terms maybe, if the contract you have received is incorrect then you need to let us know as after the 14 days cooling off period, using the services classes as acceptance. 

I know you've said the new contract doesn't come in to affect for a few weeks yet but this is just for future knowledge 🙂

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, I cannot sign my contract because they got my username/ email address WRONG!!

they regularly send my bill details to my email address,  but the address they send my contract is different.. it looks like it was 'garbled' by some computer error or something..

eg if my mail is xxxxx it is changed to pxxxx 

My contract starts on  NINE November, and I still have not received a contract with the correct email, only a copy of it shown on the 'my bills' page at 'my virgin'

https://ebill2.virginmedia.com/ebill3/ViewContract.xhtml

0 Kudos