Menu
mprats
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't get hold of VirginMedia regarding an unresolved complaint

Hi,

I had lots of trouble with my wifi. After raising a complaint and it being forgotten about for a while, I had to call to be spoken to like [REMOVED] and had the phone hung up on me. The next lady I spoke to was very helpful and arranged for a technician to come around.

He came the next working day, swapped the cable between the wall fibre socket and the router, and it was all sorted.

Anyway, I raised a complaint as, for a very long time I had not been given a solution, I was struggling to work from home until the engineer came so I asked for a refund for the period when I had a bad connection, and they still haven't contacted me back. Every time I go on the phone I'm on hold for about an hour, which is obviously impossible to maintain if one has any kind of responsibilities! 

Is there an email I can send a message to? Or a direct line for the complaints department? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't get hold of VirginMedia regarding an unresolved complaint

When you had your issue with wifi, did you check your wired performance too? 

VM and most ISPs do not guarentee wifi speeds as much of that is out their control.

0 Kudos
mprats
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did and notified them from day one that the wifi was the issue but that the Ethernet worked fine. The engineer changed the cable and he said that it was one of the consequences of being provided with a faulty wire 

I was getting less than 1mb on a 200mb connection. Whilst I understand speeds can fluctuate, that was unacceptable

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the ethernet worked fine, you havent really got a leg to stand on.

Also a wire change fixing wifi? Its all powered by the same wire.
mprats
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay, as I said, those were the facts and the engineer tested it in front of me and found the same problem, speed on Ethernet was fine and wifi was slow. Why would I lie about that? 

They even sent me a replacement router a few months ago but the issue persisted

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Turning the router off and on forces the wifi to channel switch so that may of made you think it had fixed it when in reality it did nothing.

If your Ethernet speeds are fine, then VM is delivering on the contract. Wifi is end user issues. Your home, your neighbours and devices you use cause the limitations there. VM (or any ISP) cannot and are not liable for that.

0 Kudos