Menu
markaylward
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am unable to set up a My Virgin Media account.

I'm a new customer and I've been trying to set up a My Virgin Media account for the last few days but each time I enter my account number / reference, proceed to another page where I set a password etc., proceed to set Web Safe settings, and then try to complete registration, I get this message:

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

Questions about your broadband installation? Find out more

Please can you advise?

0 Kudos
Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am unable to set up a My Virgin Media account.

Hi
Have your services been installed and activated?
When you register you should use a browser and not the app to complete the Capcha check and make sure there are no spaces at the back of the information you add in each box.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
markaylward
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am still unable to set up an online account even though I have had the services since April.

I enter my surname, account number, area reference, complete the CAPTCHA and click Register. I then fill in password and security question details and click Continue. I'm then asked to set Web Safe settings and click Continue, and then I get the following:

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @markaylward 

Thank you for your post. Really sorry to hear that you're still not able to create an account for your services, I appreciate this would be frustrating when it fails part way through. 

I'll private message you now to take some details from you and get this looked in to. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos