Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'M FUMING! new package not what i agreed

So my current package is due to end on the 18th and due to the current economic climate I cant afford to keep paying the £85 monthly let alone the £113 it was due to go up to. So last night i spent nearly 70 minutes on the phone trying to sort a new package. In the end I agreed to a new contract with reduced broadband @ 200mb down from 350mb, maxit tv and talk weekend (i actually kept telling the guy that i ididn't want or need any landline as we dont use it (very rarely) mostly its just incoming nuisance calls, for £56 a month for 18 months. I was very clear that I wanted to see details on the new package first in an email and that it wasn't to start until the 18th when the old package expires. When I've just read the email I received this morning it states my package is £106 plus a £35 connection fee!! I AM ABSOLUTELY FUMING😡 This is not what i was told and i simply cant afford it.  The employee on the phone did not sound as if English was his first language and didnt appear very confident in what he was doing, every time i asked a question i was put on hold while he went to find answer. I said we had any extra box we are paying for that we no longer need and that I have no need of the 5gb sim card as i already have a virgin phone on a separate contract  but these havent been removed either. I've been a customer for 20 years, since the old NTL days but i feel this really is the last straw, can anybody help me out? I assume that under distance selling regulations i can reject this contract? All I want is min.200mb broadband, basic tv package plus Drama, +1 tivo box (currently have 2 but ony need 1) no landline if possible, if I must than just the minimum charge.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'M FUMING! new package not what i agreed

Hi robertpayne757

Thanks for posting and apologies to hear of this allegation.

We don't do package changes via the forums however as you've got a complaint, I'll be more than happy to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM @robertpayne757

Just to update the thread, the account issues have been all sorted

Have a wonderful weekend

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John, you restored my very shattered opinion of  Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback robertpayne757

I will ensure it's passed on to John.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos