cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Have not received confirmation of a leaving email.

Michael23
Joining in
In keeping with most other people, I too am having trouble with cancelling with Virgin Media. I wanted to cancel my contract with them by the end of the contract date.
However, not wanting to pay the early exit fee, I wanted to end my contract in November to give 30 days notice.
I have been held to ransom, because they were purposely slow at porting my phone number across.
They told me that I would have to wait until my number is ported, otherwise I would lose it.

Now the time has lapsed, and they are charging me more than double my monthly fee. I am not using anything connected to the Virgin hub, and yet they have pushed my contract end date, into next year with no confirmation end date email, or a copy of the transcript.
I am fearful of when this will ever end !!

Regards Mike

Regards Mike
3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with cancelling your services. 

When porting a number out, all the work is done by your new provider. We wouldn't be able to slow this down as it's all sorted by the new provider. If this has been completed now then we can certainly check the rest of the disconnection for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Michael23, 

Thanks so much for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad I was able to look into things for you and get everything resolved. 

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back to us here in the Community and we will do what we can to support you. 

Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year 🎅🎄

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Michael23
Joining in

Dear Kath,

Thank you very much, I enormously appreciate your reply and all the help and effort you have taken.

I wish you a very happy Christmas.

My best wishes

Mike

Regards Mike