Menu
Heebio
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I Cannot Access My Virgin Media & Don't Know My Password

I want to cancel my TV package but I am unable to access My Virgin Media.  When I enter my email address to try and reset my password it says the username is wrong and when I click on the link to find out my username it sames the link is broken and it cannot help.  I don't know my password and when I call the 0345 number and go through the menus I need to be able to give them the requested characters from my password to proceed... I don't know the characters so it throws me out.

Other than this forum there does not appear to be any other options - no live chat, no email address, no nothing.  I can't get through to anyone and my frustration levels are going through the roof.

How do I get in touch with Virgin to ask them to cancel my TV package????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I Cannot Access My Virgin Media & Don't Know My Password

The telephone password (security question) you were asked for is the memorable word that you set up with your account. This should have been included in your original correspondence when you first joined VM.

If you don't enter/give any password details then the call should still be picked up by an agent. They can ask additional questions to validate you as the account holder. You can also ask them to send a password reminder through the post.

To process a regrade (cancel the TV part of a package) you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

If you have standalone TV and no broadband and/or phoneline then you need to contact Retentions (thinking of leaving us) instead of regrades.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Heebio
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I Cannot Access My Virgin Media & Don't Know My Password

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for your response... appreciated.

When I called today I did hang on when I couldn't give the characters asked for but I was not eventually passed to a call handler, it just hung up on me.  Nevermind, I will try that option again tomorrow.

If that fails I will try the text service and hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos