cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge disconnection charge fee

stu55
Tuning in

I am moving home in 2 weeks and I have 15 month left on my contract.

I am moving to an address where Virgin Media cannot supply their services.

I have phoned them to let them know, and was told that they want approx £960 disconnection charge

I am stunned. Is this correct ? Has anyone else had an experience of this ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta
4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you are moving to an area not covered by VM, you should be able to reclaim the EDF (see FAQ at the bottom of the link below)

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees

and topic here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Proof-of-New-Tenancy/m-p/5234393

stu55
Tuning in

mnmnmn.pngI first spoke to a VM guy last week who said same to what you are saying, and he checked my new address and said they can't supply there. So I have set up internet with another supplier at my new address. It is going to be installed next week.
I phoned them up tonight and spoke to a guy who said, regardless of what I've been told (including the page on their website to see if you can recieve VM in your new address) He said there may be a possibility that we still can supply at that address. If that is true and I want to leave it was cost £1000. If they confirm they cant supply I will have to pay a small fee. He will confirm whether they can supply or not tomorrow
I wasn't told anything of this before, and already got a new ISP to install at new address
My head feels scrambled. To have this on top of all the other stresses of moving

I first spoke to a VM guy last week who said same to what you are saying, and he checked my new address and said they can't supply there. So I have set up internet with another supplier at my new address. It is going to be installed next week.
I phoned them up tonight and spoke to a disconnection guy who said to me, regardless of what I've been told (including the page on their website that says I can't get VM in my new address) He said there may be a possibility that they still can supply at that address. If that is true and I want to leave it was cost £1000. If they confirm they cant supply I will have to pay a small fee. He will confirm whether they can supply or not tomorrow
I wasn't told anything of this before, and already got a new ISP to install at new address
My head feels scrambled. To have this on top of all the other stresses of moving

Hey stu55, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Our early disconnection fee did change earlier this year.

You can find a breakdown of these here  Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?