cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub recycling

slartibartfast1
On our wavelength

We changed our Hub from a 3.0 to a 5.0 in April. Virgin have finally realised that they didn't ask us to return the old Hub and have invited us to do so now. This requires filling in a form with Account number and Area Code. The form insists that the Account number is 9 digits but ours has 11 digits. The form chops off the final 2 digits. So how do we apply for the returns packaging?

We also replaced a Tivo box at the same time but they don't seem to be interested in recycling that.

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @slartibartfast1 

VM aren't supposed to require the hub 3 back, see <<<this page>>>  although this does keep cropping up on the forums. 

Just enter the first 9 digits.   The last two are probably either 01 or 02 which is like an internal code to show if you have changed address or cancelled and somebody else has signed up at that address. (It's generally 01.)

You could also create and print out a returns label if you want to use your own packaging, the link is on the same page. If you do this be sure to enclose a covering letter with your name & address, account details etc and keep the returns receipt.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks I seem to remember the account number being displayed as 123456789/01 years ago so that makes sense.

Maybe Virginmedia don't want them back to reuse but have realised it is their responsibility to recycle them. I'll.probably get another message in a few months about the TiVo box 😀

Hi @slartibartfast1 thanks for getting back to us.

If you're receiving messages to return equipment that we don't require to be returned, then I would like to have that stopped on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

If you don't want it back I'll just ignore the request but it seems odd that the message even included the name and serial number of the hub so Virginmedia media knew which model it was.

This is one of the reasons why I would like to investigate on your behalf.

Regards

Lee

Hmm now the recycling page does list the Hub 3 as equipment to be returned. So do they want it back or not?

Thanks for coming back to us slartibartfast1, yes we do now need any hub 3's to be returned to us.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

A month ago I was told not to return it. I even asked for packaging and didn't receive it. What is going on? 

Hey @slartibartfast1,

Thanks for coming back to us, we did recently go about changing what equipment we do require back and the Hub 3 is an item we do ask to be returned again, if you do want to go about arranging packaging for this to be posted back, you can do so via our website here.

Joe