cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop extend my Virgin Media contract?

LeoLee
Joining in

Hello,

my current Virgin Media Broadband contract will end on 23.02.2023? After that time, the price will be doubled. I received the E-Mail of the reminder, and decide to stop extend of my virgin media contract.

So I called the number 0345 454 1111, and talked with the person from Virgin media. And she told me that my contract will not be extended. I confirmed several times for the stop of the extension of my contract.

However, today I received E-Mail from Virgin Media, they send me the bill which shows that my contract is extended, and the price is doubled.

I really get tired of this company, it is a shame and robbery! Could anyone help, I appreciate!

Best 

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Alice in Wonderland world of VM customer service I do wonder if your desired outcome would be achieved by requesting the exact opposite of what you really wanted. 

Raise a formal complaint while waiting to hear from the forum team. You can also demand the call recording. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq

Thanks, I have already raised a complaint, they tell me the processing time will take up to 28 days.

unisoft
Well-informed

@LeoLee wrote:

Hello,

my current Virgin Media Broadband contract will end on 23.02.2023? After that time, the price will be doubled. I received the E-Mail of the reminder, and decide to stop extend of my virgin media contract.

So I called the number 0345 454 1111, and talked with the person from Virgin media. And she told me that my contract will not be extended. I confirmed several times for the stop of the extension of my contract.

However, today I received E-Mail from Virgin Media, they send me the bill which shows that my contract is extended, and the price is doubled.

I really get tired of this company, it is a shame and robbery! Could anyone help, I appreciate!

Best 

Are you sure it's extended? I took that to mean another fixed term like 18 months.

If you come to end of a contract it goes onto rolling monthly one at its non-discounted price. You can still give 30 days notice (which is best by recorded delivery to Virgin's address and you can avoid phone waiting times). If you re-negotiate however and pass 14 day cool off, then you are locked in again for term of contract (currently usually 18 months).

See https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Thanks, I am sure it is extended, but not sure if it is another 18 months. I called virgin media to stop extend the contract, the person who took my call gave me confirmation several times during the phone call that my contract will not be extended. However, I still get a bill for the coming March with about 55 £ pounds.

It's such a disgrace to use such a dirty method to keep customers.

I would post this story to all the media I can use.

@LeoLee wrote:
It's such a disgrace to use such a dirty method to keep customers.

I would post this story to all the media I can use.

You can certainly do that, but I should warn you that Virgin Media's overall reputation for customer services quality is already so far down in the gutter, that I doubt anything you can do could possibly make it look any worse!

Thanks, I really trust what you said. I already posted this with my native language in some websites of my motherland. Each year, many people comes to UK for study and work. I write this, just to remind them, if they use Virgin Media, the same thing may happen to them.

Hello,
my current Virgin Media Broadband contract will end on 23.02.2023. After that time, the price will be doubled. I received the E-Mail of the reminder, and decide to stop extend of my virgin media contract.
So I called the number 0345 454 1111, and talked with the person from Virgin media. And she told me that my contract will not be extended. I confirmed several times for the stop of the extension of my contract.
Best

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your post has been merged into your existing thread.

@LeoLee wrote:

my current Virgin Media Broadband contract will end on 23.02.2023. After that time, the price will be doubled

As mentioned in your existing thread, I very much doubt that is genuinely the case. You have a rolling contract whose price - I suspect - is remaining exactly the same, but you probably have a time-limited 50% discount that is due to expire. Both your contract and every monthly bill, list all your discounts together with their expiry dates.

On the expiration of that discount, which probably is similar to the end of your minimum term, it is incumbent on you to do one of several things..

1: Negotiate a new time-limited discount with a renewed minimum term, that you are happy with

2: Accept that your price has increased, but that you are now free to give 30days cancellation notice at any time

3: Find an alternative supplier that you are happy with, and give 30days disconnection notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks