Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

How to renew contract?

Hi

My first post, so unsure if I'm in the right category.  My Virgin contract is due to expire in 3 days, when I had planned to go to Sky, but they've now postponed all installations due to coronavirus.

I cannot get speak to anyone, or email, at Virgin (been on hold for long periods before being cut off etc) to request the contract continues. Any thoughts/suggestions, please?

We have two essential workers in the house, and internet access is crucial - we would be laid off if we have no internet.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to renew contract?

Just hold on the phone - you can see they're busy so just bear with...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  I keep phoning and am on hold/in the queue for up to one hour then the line goes dead.

I don't suppose that there's much more I can do at this point.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My contract is due for renewal in a month if they are understandably difficult to contact then why do they not give an email address for contact? no way am I paying the automatic increase they will impose on me in a month I will move and I bet the alternative service will answer the phone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chorisia

Thanks for posting, currently email isn't a contact method we use. At the moment we would advise any customers needing to speak to us that is struggling to get through by phone to use our messaging service.

Simply text us your query for free on 07533 051 809 ^ between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's fine to say that Rob but when you text that number you get nowhere.

I just get this and then nothing. Ridiculous service.

IMG_2045.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No email contact, if you cannot answer the phone it is about time you did!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

As a web based Social Media and community team we don't have the facility to make or receive calls as all of our work is completed online. We appreciate the frustration and are working hard to get to all of the messages received as quickly as possible.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I do not have mobile phone to send a text and am not going to wait for ages until as others have experienced, disconnection. Virgin should have  staff working from home answer emails. I have been with Virgin since NTL been maybe a move is in order hopefully BT are not now as high handed as they were when they had a monopoly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I now find BT not doing new installations during coronavirus for understandable reasons which of course Virgin knows well so I can expect a high monthly cost increase?

0 Kudos