Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to reduce bill for elderly inlaws

Hi there - apologies if this isn't the right board, it's my first post!

I look after an account for my elderly inlaws and I've just noticed their package has gone up over £60 per month. They have a fairly basic broadband, tv and phone package including calls.

There are very few ways to get a hold of Virgin. Is there an email address or another way of reducing their bill?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to reduce bill for elderly inlaws

Hello

There is no email address for support the options are -

With regards to re-negotiation if contract I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to reduce bill for elderly inlaws

@Farry1975  Is there .... another way of reducing their bill?

Only by haggling.  And if the account isn't in your name and you don't have LPA, then you'll find VM won't speak to you.  Actually, at the moment they're not speaking to many people regardless, and I think the company's management think that's rather a good thing for them.

If you can sort your way through VM's data protection defences, then here's my guide on getting a better deal.  Obviously if you're at the stage of managing some of your parent's affairs, then it may be too complicated for them to follow all that and stick to it when under pressure from a sales agent, although obviously if you have the legal authority to represent your parents you could.  Even then, no guarantees on whether they'll offer a deal, so you might need to advise your parent on how to switch and who to switch to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks