Menu
Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to order boaster for WiFi

Issues with WIFi and finely thanks to the knowledge of the virgin guy who came out today we think it’s sorted. However he identified that a couple rooms poor connection.

as advised I have scanned each room in the house and it has identified 3 rooms with poor/low connection. As this is a connection issue I understand that virgin need to provide me with a WiFi boaster think it’s called a WiFi pod. I was told when I scan each room the results it automatically go to virgin so they will know the issue. 
Can virgin please send me a boaster 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to order boaster for WiFi

Virgin are out of stock of the pods at the moment, are you aware of the cost of the pods? 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There are no spare boasters, they're all fully employed in VM's Department of Mendacious Marketing....thank you folks, I'm here all week!

Jesting aside, there's supply chain problems and VM haven't got any pods to send out.  It's worth waiting if you're on a CouchPotato package* that gives you the pods at no extra charge they're well worth waiting for.  If you aren't on the package that gives them to you free, the monthly rental is poor value, and you'rte better off considering putting the money into your own mesh wifi setup.

* I'm sure that's the one.  I'm sure somebody will correct me if I've got the wrong name.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I order do I hav3 to rin* them
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, sadly it's a "ring up VM and pray that the phone call is answered, then pray that it gets routed to a human, then pray that the human is knowledgeable and helpful....and then you'll be told "no pods in stock until March". 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As the WiFi is low/no coverage virgin should provide one 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Lockdown29 wrote:

As the WiFi is low/no coverage virgin should provide one 

Well, give VM a call and explain that to them.  As and when they've got stock, you'll be "provided" with if your contract qualifies for free pods, or if you pay the £5 a month.  At the moment, if they've no stock, then they can't can they?  I'd guess this is in large part down to the shipping container crisis courtesy of Covid, and there's nothing VM can do about that.  

If it's a life-spoiling problem now, then just buy your own mesh wifi system.  Amazon can have a TP-LInk Deco S4 in your hands tomorrow in return for ninety nine quid.