cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to online chat to a human?

AnnoyedMike
On our wavelength

How do I get the online chat to connect me a human instead of an idiotic bot that gives me an idiotic message about wanting to continue the conversation on WhatsApp?

Why does Virigin Media assume everyone has WhatsApp or is willing or able to install it in order to communicate with them?

Why does signing in to My Virgin Media on the website require clicking a "sign in" link, entering email and password, then getting another page where I have to click a button labelled "sign in"?

Why does the "Chat to us now" button on https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/change-my-package/my-current-package/customer-exclusion not do anything (in two different web browsers) meaning I have to go hunt around the website for another chat button that does work?

Why, after I've initiated an online chat whilst signed in to my account, do I get asked to provide my name and whether I'm an existing customer?

Why is everything about the Virgin Media website so generally shambolic?

Why would I be willing to pay over 60% more than my current package as Virgin Media expects me to?

Why, Virgin Media, why are you so very bad at customer service?

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is probably the usual marketing website methods of trying to encourage queries that don't need to call, to use other means... but I concur, calling in will be better in the long run here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bob31
Just joined

None of the online chat works. The ONLY way to contact virgin is to wait on a phone line for 9 hours. The worst online site to contact.

Whatssapp doesn't put you through to anyone unfortunately.

There is something very, very sinisterly wrong with a faceless company that hides behind electronic curtains, and then uses a robot to man its chat line.

Why the bloody hell can't you just deal with humans like other human companies do employing humans to talk to humans....?...

You talk about the helpline 0345 454 1111 as if it is a magical solution - have you ever had to use it as a customer? - No you haven't. They are from the Philippines or India, and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Poor fish. They have been soused to the gills with the garbage that they should trot out to any customer who dares, who has the temerity, to question or complain or seek advice about a faulty Virgin Media product.

All that they, (and you), know, and what they, (and you), can see on your system screen, is whatever the previous agent handling the customer's call has left by way of scant and pithy, and pitiful, notes as a record of the frustrating conversation that the customer has just had with the agent.

The agent often refers the customer to the chat line, without a clue that the chat line is is absolutely broken and dysfunctional

The agent then refers the customer to the online account and the associated tabs, which have multiple icons as options. The agent doesn't see this on his or her own screen, and so the customer has to tell, them what they are seeing, and then it becomes a process of the blind leading the blind, weaving through many dark tunnels, but with no light of hope or glimmer of resolution at the end.

What a shambolic way to run a company!!! Bet your bottom dollar that all your top brass mangers have fancy **bleep** degrees from Harvard and Yale and Cambridge, but have no real life experience of being a customer in the **bleep**-arse company that they run.