cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get security password they ask for when calling?

laurent2222
Tuning in

I've tried to call them regarding a billing issue, but the robot ask me for a security password, which I don't have.

I'm guessing it can be sent by mail, but since I need to give my security password in order to speak to someone, I'm stuck in catch-22.

Any idea how I can get this password?

3 REPLIES 3

Aaron2
Well-informed

Once you fail DPA over the call, the agent should be moving to the next step which is sending the Verification password via post..Assuming you're the account holder.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Thank you, but the problem is that in order to talk with an agent, I need to give first the second and third letter of my password to the automated call. So basically I need a password in order to get a password, that's the catch-22.

Or maybe I didn't call the right number or followed the right options during the call (I've selected billing issue). How can I get to talk to agent without having to provide a password to the automated call?

Thanks for your post laurent2222 and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to see that you've been having an issue when trying to get through to our call centre. 

If you submit the incorrect characters you should still be able to get through the automated system to speak to an agent. If you're the account holder for the account, the agent will then be able to run through secondary data protection questions with you in order to pass data protection and then discuss the account.

We can handle some billing issues on our Community Forums but we're unable to take payments or make changes to packages to assist bring the value of your bills down.

Please let us know what the issue is and we'll seek to assist, or give us another call on 0345 454 1111

Kindest regards,

David_Bn