cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get logged as vulnerable

Nkeshav
Tuning in

Hiya, 

How can I log my mum (who is the virfin media customer) as vulnerable without spending hours on the phone to get through to someone?

I moved her from sky to virgin and have lost the ability to view her cctv cameras (to check she's ok) remotely. Whilst in the house i can see them over the WiFi but not on my data (I also happen to be on virgin media). The port has been forwarded etc and last time I called to get help they kept saying I needed to lay for help with setting the connection up!!! madness!! any advice? I need to make sure my mums ok whilst I'm not there. 

Many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Port forwarding is not something VM will give support for, they can put you in touch with an IT company do deal with advanced IT issues at a cost to you

@Nkeshav as @jb66 rightly says above, VM's responsibility ends with 'does your Mum have a working internet connection?' and 'is it supplying over 50% of the rated download speed consistently?' If yes to both of those then basically you're on your own!

VM, as mentioned, do partner with a company which goes under the arresting name of 'Gadget Rescue' which they will push you towards, for the sum of only £5 extra per month for six months (I believe), plus a low, low one off setup fee of £20. Personally I have a suspicion that their skills consist of little more than 'turn it off and on again' and if that doesn't work then they are out of ideas!

Ok so you've done the port forwarding OK, the public IP address will have changed between Sky and VM so how do the cameras talk to the outside world? What sort of cameras are they, do they need a reboot to pick up the change of IP address?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Nkeshav

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with your mothers services. 

As advised by others, port forwarding isn't something that we would be able to assist with. 

It is worth checking that the CCTV cameras are set up with the new IP address. 

Regarding I can mark the account as vulnerable however, are you able to pass DPA on your mothers behalf? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Hi Zak,

yes I can answer the dpa questions. 

Thanks

No problem, thank you @Nkeshav

I'll send you a PM now so we can get this arranged.

Thank you.