Menu
Tim_Sm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to get a response to a complaint

Is anyone else experiencing issues getting an actual response to a complaint.

I've had one open for nearly 3 months and I've had a letter after about 10 weeks telling me they tried to call but couldn't get gold of me (trust me they never tried to call me).

The letter advised they had resolved it by telling me to use the self care options, how can you do that to resolve an issue with an order they haven't delivered or a bill that is wrong.

I've subsequently tried to open 2 further complaints and they have both been closed off within 48 hours with no action of attempted contact.  

I've wasted hours on the phone or waiting for the online chat to offer me a customer rep, I keep getting promises of resolution and call backs, none of which happen and here I am 3 months later without the equipment and being over charged still.  I'm at the end of my tether, I've been a customer for years and never had these kinds of customer service issues.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to get a response to a complaint

I'll flag this for forum staff to advise on getting whatever the complaint was about resolved, that should be the quickest and easiest way of getting things sorted.  You may wish to consider whether a demand for compensation is appropriate, and add that as part of the acceptable resolution of the complaint.

Give the forum team a chance - that route is preferable to your other choice, which is the much slower, but often bone-crushingly effective option of escalating to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  The key thing about approaching CISAS is that either eight weeks must have passed since the complaint was formally notified (regardless of outcome), and it sounds like that applies here.  Once a complaint is made to CISAS and accepted, VM can't then communicate with you about that matter until CISAS issue an adjudication, so you can't "mix and match", you escalate to CISAS if you have concluded that you have exhausted the ability of the company to address the matter.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a response to a complaint

Good morning @Tim_Sm 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you haven't had an adequate response to your complaint. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can look further into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos