Menu
LondonLife
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to contact/speak with one of the Virgin Media team?

Hello

I am looking for an email address for Virgin media, does anyone have a current one please? Normally I would use the online/virtual advisor help but this function does not seem to be working.

I have tried the number 0345 454 111 but it just has a message to call back later as they are so busy.

My contract is due to change at the end of January and so the usual package will cost over £20 more per month.

Have tried to change/upgrade my account via the website but it says this cannot be done at the moment. Even thought whether I should try to close my account to elicit some sort of response, but do not want to do that just yet.

Any tips to get in touch with the team to discuss my account? Right now it seems very difficult to do this.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to contact/speak with one of the Virgin Media team?

No email address. Lines are busy. Keep trying - early in the morning at 8am, 9am tomorrow is good.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

virgin media CS have no email addresses
0 Kudos
LondonLife
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

is no online customer service/virtual assistant?

have always used this in the past and it was brilliant, meant no waiting on the phone for ages.

right now on the telephone, you are not even in a queue, it tells you to call back later.

I thought with Covid they were encouraging customers to sort things out in other ways before calling them?

keen to get this sorted out today/tomorrow as I work during the week and do not have the time to be calling them repeatedly

0 Kudos
LondonLife
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok will try early tomorrow morning, thanks
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@LondonLife wrote:

is no online customer service/virtual assistant?

have always used this in the past and it was brilliant, meant no waiting on the phone for ages.

right now on the telephone, you are not even in a queue, it tells you to call back later.

I thought with Covid they were encouraging customers to sort things out in other ways before calling them?

keen to get this sorted out today/tomorrow as I work during the week and do not have the time to be calling them repeatedly

• Visit the VM site (Below is an example):

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only 

• Wait for the 'Live Chat' to pop up (Black box on the right hand side):

carl_pearce_0-1612015051700.png

• Click options until asked to wait for one of the team to reply.
  • Leave the chat window open, leaving your PC/Laptop on overnight if required (I had to leave it open for 22 hours before I got a reply, but it worked).
  • If the chat window doesn't appear just keeping clicking around the site, it will eventually.
0 Kudos
LondonLife
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this, will give it a go now

...wow 22 hours for a reply!
0 Kudos
LondonLife
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update- I have been logged into the customer chat service since 14.24, I cannot seem to get past the identity confirming stage, each time I give a response VM advisor takes 15/20 mins to reply.

I cannot remember my special word/password (I never normally contact VM either by phone or online help) so they are asking me 3 security questions but it's taking a very long time to get through it all. I've now just asked if I can get our account cancelled to see if this can speed anything up!

0 Kudos
LondonLife
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update

Nobody has replied to my messages for the last 1.5 hours so presumably the online customer chat service is closed...never got further than trying to put in my identity details!

Thought I'd try the telephone number, it recognised my account via my mobile phone number, and via the automated service offered a £3.50 discount on our bill for the next 6 months. Our bill is going up from £36 to £54 next month so are looking for a different/cheaper package.

Oh well, I will give the telephone line a crack first thing in the morning....

0 Kudos