cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact a human-being at VM?

HenryQ
Superfast

Help please. I have two unrelated problems:

1. I need a replacement TV remote (buttons on existing one are faulty). I phoned 150, drilled down to the TV section and got a computer voice saying it would text me a link to my mobile. But mine is just a mobile phone, not a Smart Phone, and the link must be well over a hundred characters long. Impossible to hand-type into my Internet browser. OK, so, I went to the VM website to try from there. But the web page wants to know which type of TV box I have. But all mine says on the top is "Virgin Media" and "Samsung" at the side. Are there any humans at VM that I could talk to. A replacement remote is such a trivial request and VM must surely already know which VM box I have.

2. A VM technician called a few weeks ago to replace my router (needed re: the copper-wire land-line switch off). But he didn't replace the cover properly on the junction box on the outside front wall of the house. I phoned 150 but there is no option to report a physical equipment issue. I did find on this forum a phone number (0330 333 0444). Again no human being at the other end, but I was invited to record my problem after the beep. This I did. The computer voice then said it would give me a reference number. But in the couple of seconds I spent reaching for pencil and paper, the ref. no. had already been given and the computer voice didn't provide an option for it to be repeated.

So, two question:

- how do I request a replacement TV remote?

- how can I get someone around to reaffix the cover of my outside junction box?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi HenryQ 

You can check which TV set box you have and order a replacement by looking at the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-remote-control-not-working/which-tv-box 

Following the instructions on those pages takes you to a page to place an order for a replacement remote <here> 

You can also call and speak to the faults team to order a replacment remote and organise a tech visit to repair the external omnibox.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi HenryQ 

You can check which TV set box you have and order a replacement by looking at the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-remote-control-not-working/which-tv-box 

Following the instructions on those pages takes you to a page to place an order for a replacement remote <here> 

You can also call and speak to the faults team to order a replacment remote and organise a tech visit to repair the external omnibox.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and help.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

HenryQ
Superfast

Many thanks newapollo. I will follow your links.

Oh for the days when one could phone 150 and speak to someone!

I have been a customer since the 1990s and my two current issues are entirely trivial. But the VM website seems to get worse and worse, and I can never seem to find what I am looking for. 

Hey HenryQ, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about all of this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this, please look out for my message in your inbox, Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all thank you for letting us know.

Please do feel free to reach out if you need anything going forward. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

HenryQ
Superfast

Hi again newapollo,

Using your info, I have this morning ordered a new TV remote and also booked a call to repair the junction box at the front of our house. Many thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @HenryQ 

Thanks for the update, that's great news.

Any further problems just shout up.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.