Menu
jnm21
Dialled in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel - phone line been NA all day!

I called the 0345 number to cancel because of the price rise & stupidly accepted the 6 month discount - now I have a bill that is triple what it should be & the 0345 number wouldn't even put me on to the menu today & this evening has been taking me through security before telling me to go away.

The Geneva Convention outlaws less painful tasks than be a VM customer!

Funny how they can drop me an email to put up the price, but I can't do the same to cancel.

Another shocking difference is that covid & lockdown clearly don't affect the VM sales teams - they could answer nearly instantly while the CS line couldn't even add me to the queue/was warning of a 1+ hour hold time!

I hate VM!

😡😡😡

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel - phone line been NA all day!

jnm21
Dialled in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Carl, alas I don't have time to send a letter - they would likely claim it never arrived & blame Covid.  Not to mention that my local PO/shop is the size of a shoebox & my wife is vulnerable, so I won't be going there in the hope RM manage to deliver in the week I have left and VM accept that it was delivered.

I can't believe (well more it makes me angry) that they don't have a Web form, considering that they know they can't answer calls in a reasonable time.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You could try the below method:

• Visit the VM site (Below is an example):

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only 

• Wait for the 'Live Chat' to pop up (Black box on the right hand side):

carl_pearce_0-1611868546900.png

• Click options until asked to wait for one of the team to reply. Ask to speak to the 'Customer Relations' team.
  • Leave the chat window open, leaving your PC/Laptop on overnight if required (I had to leave it open for 22 hours before I got a reply, but it worked).
  • If the chat window doesn't appear just keeping clicking around the site, it will eventually.
jnm21
Dialled in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No VM staff around to help?  All manning the sales lines?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnm21,

Thank you for reaching for out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you found it hard to speak to us, I can see you have managed to speak to us since your last post.

If you haven't managed to do what you wanted or just need a little further help please let us know.

Regrds

Paul.

0 Kudos
jnm21
Dialled in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes, I managed to speak with you - 4 times, the first guy hung up on me, the second interrogated me about why I wanted to leave & lied to me, the third, Jason, manager in cancellations, took my complaint & was to call me back the next day, but has not bothered (3 days late).

Your retentions team have called me twice - the first guy spoke & probably wished he hadn't, while the second call was silent - does VM know that auto dialling multiple people & only talking to the first to answer is illegal?

So I have a bill for £29 that should be £6.50 - if you or Jason can fix it, I'll pay it - otherwise I won't.

Also your 'sorry your leaving' email doesn't even confirm the DC date - can you confirm?  Happy for you to share that happy info publicly!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnm21,

I cannot  confirm anything without clearing security, I will be happy to answer your questions and look further into this for you, I will need to invite you into a private chat, I will send you a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
jnm21
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Security info sent by PM.

Five questions:

Do VM realise that auto dialling multiple people & only speaking to the first one to answer is illegal?

Why did Jason not call me back the next day as promised?

Can you get my bill fixed (should be £6.50; £10 less £3.50)?

When (ideally date & time) will my service stop?

VM know (have a message telling us) that folk are waiting over an hour on the cancellation line, yet the sales line is properly staffed (answers in 20 seconds) - surely existing customers must be the priority, especially when it is the only option to cancel (new services can be bought online, cancellations cannot be done online)?  Why not close the sales line & repurpose those staff to serve existing customers?  Many other companies have done exactly this.

0 Kudos
jnm21
Dialled in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Your forum is having a meltdown - thinks that I am repeat posting when it had a technical issue & rejected my first try! 

Looks like Paul has gone to man the sales lines - anyone else at VM care to help?

If not, I'll be paying what I believe I owe & relish seeing you in court for the rest!

Could someone please note on my account "ALL MONIES DUE ARE UNDER DISPUTE"?

0 Kudos