Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel netflix account - charged twice

Dear all ,

I have a Netflix account and paying netflix directly for last three years . I have been charged separately for my netflix services by virgin media which I have not signed up .unfortunately I was not checking my bills in depth hence I found today that I have been charged twice for my netflix services - one by virgin and another by netflix .

How to get my money refunded and how to stop this happening in future 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

All I am facing similar issue .I already have a Netflix account directly with Netflix but again charged by virgin for more than a year now ☹️. I have not checked my bills from virgin hence didn't notice this earlier .I am now charged twice for one Netflix account - one by VM and another by netflix

How can I get my money back from VM and how to prevent this in future 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel netflix account - charged twice

Hi Rupkumar1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are being charged twice, this may have happened if you have put an instruction to pay the bill through us. Can you confirm what has been advised by Netflix as they would be able to check the billing on their side to confirm if you have set this up to come through us ^Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris I didn't request virgin to collect the money for netflix as I have netflix account for more than three years now and I am paying to them directly 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rupkumar1, we can remove the code from the account for you but if this is not corrected with Netflix it will reappear the following month. What was advised by Netflix? Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris I just spoke to netflix .apparently there was an account created by virgin media without my consent and knowledge as there was an email id associated with my account which didn't belong to me .they have cancelled that account now .

But I have been paying on that account for more than a year .how will I get my money back ?

Also how will it stop recurring next month 

Thanks 

Rup

•  
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rupkumar1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the account has been created. When the payments are charged on the Virgin Media this is for the Netflix service and they should provide you with the refund. Did they advise why this has not happened? Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Since the account was created through virgin media box they didn't know it was a duplicate account as the name and email id were different . 

Clearly the account was created accidently in the virgin media box without my consent and it was not by netflix and also I didn't agree for virgin to collect money for my netflix services 

How do I stop virgin to charge me further .. I have logged on to my original account now in virgin media box.. netflix is charging me directly for this account and I don't want virgin to charge me for same account for netflix services 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Rupkumar1. Thanks for the reply. I will need to look at the account and will send you a private message.  Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris awaiting a positive response 

0 Kudos