Menu
Highlighted
YB7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel contract without calling?

I don't know if this is the right board for this issue, but I really don't know what to do about the situation I'm in right now.

I'm a student studying at a UK university, but I am currently out of the country for four months for course fieldwork. I was living with my friend (another student) who is currently in the UK. The account was made under my name and we want to cancel our broadband contract because we are no longer getting charged £29 per month like before and cannot afford the new £48 monthly charge as we are the only two in our household and both students. We have moved house and aren't using the broadband. They have already charged us for July even though we aren't using the broadband and we really need to get this contract cancelled otherwise we'll keep getting charged £48 until I'm back in the country.  

There does not appear to be any way to cancel this without calling which I am unable to do as I do not have long-distance or international calling available where I am right now. I cannot remember my customer service password which I apparently set up during my first (and only) phone call which was a year ago. As a result, my friend who is still in the UK cannot cancel it on my behalf as we don't have the customer service password and she would not know the answers to any security questions they could ask.

Web chat doesn't seem to exist and there is also no customer service email that I can find to which I could send this to. Is there any way out of this situation? 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel contract without calling?

could use e.g. VoIP like skype and when it asks for account tap in 0# a few times, other option to cancel would be to write to virginmedia, there isn't a email address to cancel your services

PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos