Menu
Bartkowalski
Tuning in
Message 71 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

I was today in Virgin shop but they told me they can`t do my cancellation request there and i have to do it by phone or writing. So my next step is sending a 30 days notice (registered) since i`m simple don`t have time to hang on phone next few hours. My only one question (probably last as well) is: are Virgin send me cancellation confirmation letter and pre-paid post box to return hub or i have to pay for it myself ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 72 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bartkowalski, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you wish to leave us. 

The quickest way is to give the team a call and follow the options for leaving us. 

They can advise you on the disconnection process then. 

If you'd rather write in there that's fine too. 

If we need the equipment back then you'll be sent a pre paid returns pack Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
clemo
Joining in
Message 73 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I did try and cancel my offer,they gave a £50 credit but i did not accept went back to them a few days later to accept they then replied it has gone up a £1 a month.now i am looking for better deals they cannot give you a deal then increase it a couple of days later.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 74 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi clemo

You;d need to get back in touch with them if you have not yet done so as we are not able to review offers via the forums.

Give them a shout on 150 or 0345 454 1111 option 4 then 5 and let us know how this goes for you!

Take care.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Seragon
Tuning in
Message 75 of 93
Flag for a moderator

You're lucky. I've tried 4 times now to cancel. dial 150, select the correct options, sit in a que, after over 1 1/2 hours my phones battery dies.

tried using other options to get a person. Speek to someone within 5 minutes, but then they put you through to cancelation department at which time youre back in the que that means you are ignored again

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 76 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seragon, 

Thanks for your post, and I am sorry for the hold times and that you wish to cancel. 

Is this a media or mobile account please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Carlos44
Joining in
Message 77 of 93
Flag for a moderator

had same problems I rang 12 13 times only always on hold tried via webchat always 10 15 min wait  sent a letter in and put 4 complaints before finally someone from the complaints team finally contacted me and said it would be cancelled  leaving in 12 days time 

spud11
Settling in
Message 78 of 93
Flag for a moderator

why does it take over 35 mins for someone to simply answer the phone when I want to cancel my tv package, ive had to put the phone down as I cant wait any longer. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 79 of 93
Flag for a moderator

Hi spud11

Thank you for visiting our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you are looking to cancel your services.

We apologise for any disappointing service received and for any waiting times experienced.

Have you manged to cancel your account since your last post?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
afletcher
Settling in
Message 80 of 93
Flag for a moderator

You say contacting the number is the quickest way, I'm currently 1 hour into a call waiting. This is very poor service...