cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to accept retention offer!?

hingus2000
Joining in

Rang to give notice last month. I was offered some fairly average deals. Then I was called by outbound retentions and the deals improved slightly but not by much. Said I would think about.

For the sake of avoiding the hassle of switching I decided to accept the outbound offer.

You would think VM would make this easy. Nope. Spent the last two weekends being passed from pillar to post, no-one seems to have access to the deals that outbound retention offer and I’m told “they’ll call me”.

No call and I’m three days from disconnection. If I do get disconnected VM will have lost an Ultimate Volt customer who actually wanted to renew. No chance I will reconnect if that happens.

Does anyone know how I can get this sorted?

1 REPLY 1

jem101
Superstar

Unfortunately that offer will now be gone. The retention deals are on a strictly one time, take it or leave it RIGHT NOW basis, there’s no thinking about it and getting back to them later.

Despite what you may have been told, the outbound retentions staff can’t be directly contacted and generally they only make one call to a leaving customer, so no, they won’t call you back.

Your only course really is to call VM, follow the thinking of leaving us options as you did before and see what they offer you to stay.

But, as you admit yourself, you don’t want the hassle of getting another provider, VM will know this simply because you are calling them back and asking to stay, so they are in a stronger position now. It is quite likely that any offer they make for you to stay will be more expensive.