Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to Cancel ?

Hello,

I want to cancel my services due to price increase which I cannot afford. I might consider to stay if VM offer me something I can afford.

However, it is impossible to reach VM customer service via phone due to long waiting hours and then dropping eventually. 

Is there any other way to cancel please ?

Regards,

Kenan

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Cancel ?

You can cancel by phone or post. Details in your contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ohh really what a genius you are...

Is there any official VM person here ?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

vm staff will get to the post in about 5-7 days but they can not cancel contracts on the forum and will just tell you the same

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi kenancirik,

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package or cancel your account.

You can negotiate a new package with both the regrades and retentions (cancellation) teams, however only retentions can cancel your account.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade (or cancellation)  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111,  but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @kenancirik

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community, I can see that you have asked for a staff member to also respond. 

I can confirm that our Community members and VIP's have advised you correctly; you have 3 options to close an account: 

1. Call us on 150/03454541111 (option 4 and 4 again)
  2. Text us on 07533051809
  3. Write to us at the address in our T&C

Currently we do not action disconnections or package changes via our Community forum - I am sorry

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos