Menu
kenno150
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to Cancel Virgin Media- What a Nightmare

I have been with Virgin for TV and Internet for several years but my latest renewal is way beyond what I can afford. In previous years I've rung up, been offered incentives and accepted the new package on offer. This time, I've decided to go elsewhere and this is where my problems began.

First- the renewal letter from Virgin. It does not have any contact address or e-mail contact, just advising me to ring 150. So I tried...and tried...and tried.

The 150 number is rather busy at the moment, understandably during the covid crisis. I'm a patient person but being on hold over 90 minutes and being cut off time after time while queuing left me ready to give up. But at least I still had one more choice- the Virgin media website!

And so for the website... a huge media company like virgin would surely have a useful website. Well first it doesn't show any mail address under 'contact us', nor does it have e-mail contact details. Oh well there is a section 'thinking of leaving us'- at least I can use that. Well no actually, it takes you to a page saying why you should stay and that's it.

So, in desperation, I cancelled my direct debit and sent a recorded delivery letter to Virgin media at an address in Reading advising I wanted to leave in 30 days. I've checked today- it has been returned undelivered as there was nobody there to accept it!

So today I tried the phone again, Got cut off twice but finally got through. The upshot is that the services can be cancelled in 30 days from today so I'll have another bill to pay. I told the adviser of my attempts to contact Virgin but it made no difference- I was advised to 'read my contract'. Well the contract says I have to ring Virgin to cancel. I've done this and then some. The fact that Virgin weren't answering is beyond my control. I was told a direct debit payment would be taken and then I'd be refunded in 45 days and by cheque!! I suppose the virus might have gone by then and it might be safe to visit a bank, Anyone would think Virgin were deliberately making  things difficult.

So Virgin, please up your game- your website is really poor, your service is great when buying but on this occasion it's been awful. Am I the only one who's had this experience?

newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to Cancel Virgin Media- What a Nightmare

Thanks for updating us that you managed to cancel by phone. As you found out VM along with many other companies don't have a customer facing email address.

For anyone else wishing to cancel by post, you can write to them using the correct address to as per the terms and conditions and sent it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali