Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How the hell do you contact Virgin Media

I need to contact Virgin Media with a query about my future bill after taking advantage of the latest offer - I am being charged £49.95 for installation or activation. I just had a replacement V6 box and installed it myself (swapping out my old Tivo box). Also had a speed upgrade to my broadband, basically taking the Ultimate Oomph or whatever it is called. I don't understand why I am being charged an activation charge - I was NOT told about this when I was frequently contacted by the rep about upgrading my package. If I had been I would not have changed my package.

I find it impossible to contact Virgin about this - when I click on the contact us button it takes me to a page where I have to sign in again and then this repeats - I can't seem to find live chat or any way of contacting Virgin Media which is just a joke for a media company.

Is there any way to contact Virgin about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How the hell do you contact Virgin Media

Good Afternoon AcidMayhem

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see of any confusion caused in regard to the charges that are due to be added to a future bill

Once this future bill has been generated, can you please advise us if the bill does in fact include these charges?

If this does appear on the bill we can look into the account and the bill to rectify where applicable

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have already been sent the email from Virgin Media stating:
Your next bill will be £xxx.xx* which includes £2.91 to cover your changes up until your next bill period. There is also a one-off charge of £49.95 for installation or activation.

So I can't see any way this will not be applied to the bill. As I say I was not told of this 'installation' charge when I agreed to the bundle as I am already 'installed' and 'activated' and have been for the last 14 years or so!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AcidMayhem, 

Sorry for any confusion regarding this, the £49.95 activation would be for the second V6 box. 

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at the account for you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos